Updated Apr 5, 2012 - 2:00 pm
Steve Nash is not Dwight Howard: Suns lucky to have point guard
At any rate, it's just another episode in a long line of awkward moments between Howard and his team, as the franchise, hoping to retain its star on a long-term basis, is basically kowtowing to his every whim.
And that, Suns head coach Alvin Gentry told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo, is no way to run a team.
"I do know that if you start players running your franchise, I don't know where it's ever worked out," he said.
Of course, something similar could have played out in Phoenix with Steve Nash, but it didn't. Besides recently saying that he wants the team to improve if he's going to re-sign this summer (and really, who didn't already figure that), Nash's impending free agent status has been anything but a distraction to the player or franchise.
And for that, Gentry is thankful.
Indeed, whether you want the Suns to move on from Nash or not, you must be able to appreciate the fact that a circus has not followed him wherever he's gone this season.
See the Dwight Howard/Stan Van Gundy video here:
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Phoenix Suns 2014 preseason schedule released
- The Pulse: Most say Eric Bledsoe and agent Rich Paul are at fault for contract standoff with Phoenix Suns
- Phoenix Suns single-game tickets now on sale
- New Phoenix Suns guard Isaiah Thomas undergoes wrist surgery
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Adrian Wojnarowski- YahooSports NBA writer - Tuesday August 12Adrian Wojnarowski says Eric Bledsoe has backed himself into a corner.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 12Now that Donald Sterling is gone, who is the worst owner in sports?
- Jerry Colangelo, Managing Director of USA Basketball - Friday August 8Jerry Colangelo talks about the Paul George injury and Kevin Durant's departure from Team USA.