Updated Apr 5, 2012 - 2:00 pm
Steve Nash is not Dwight Howard: Suns lucky to have point guard
At any rate, it's just another episode in a long line of awkward moments between Howard and his team, as the franchise, hoping to retain its star on a long-term basis, is basically kowtowing to his every whim.
And that, Suns head coach Alvin Gentry told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo, is no way to run a team.
"I do know that if you start players running your franchise, I don't know where it's ever worked out," he said.
Of course, something similar could have played out in Phoenix with Steve Nash, but it didn't. Besides recently saying that he wants the team to improve if he's going to re-sign this summer (and really, who didn't already figure that), Nash's impending free agent status has been anything but a distraction to the player or franchise.
And for that, Gentry is thankful.
Indeed, whether you want the Suns to move on from Nash or not, you must be able to appreciate the fact that a circus has not followed him wherever he's gone this season.
See the Dwight Howard/Stan Van Gundy video here:
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.