Updated Apr 5, 2012 - 2:00 pm
Steve Nash is not Dwight Howard: Suns lucky to have point guard
At any rate, it's just another episode in a long line of awkward moments between Howard and his team, as the franchise, hoping to retain its star on a long-term basis, is basically kowtowing to his every whim.
And that, Suns head coach Alvin Gentry told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo, is no way to run a team.
"I do know that if you start players running your franchise, I don't know where it's ever worked out," he said.
Of course, something similar could have played out in Phoenix with Steve Nash, but it didn't. Besides recently saying that he wants the team to improve if he's going to re-sign this summer (and really, who didn't already figure that), Nash's impending free agent status has been anything but a distraction to the player or franchise.
And for that, Gentry is thankful.
Indeed, whether you want the Suns to move on from Nash or not, you must be able to appreciate the fact that a circus has not followed him wherever he's gone this season.
See the Dwight Howard/Stan Van Gundy video here:
- Ryan McDonough, Suns General Manager - Wednesday December 4Ryan McDonough discusses the Suns' recent losses.
- The DISH - December 3, 2013 - Tuesday December 3Jon Bloom brings us this day in Suns' history.
- Jeff Hornacek, Suns Head Coach - Tuesday December 3Coach says the Suns know who they are, so who are they?
- The DISH - November 29, 2013 - Friday November 29Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.
- The DISH - November 27, 2013 - Wednesday November 27Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.