Updated Apr 5, 2012 - 2:00 pm
Steve Nash is not Dwight Howard: Suns lucky to have point guard
At any rate, it's just another episode in a long line of awkward moments between Howard and his team, as the franchise, hoping to retain its star on a long-term basis, is basically kowtowing to his every whim.
And that, Suns head coach Alvin Gentry told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo, is no way to run a team.
"I do know that if you start players running your franchise, I don't know where it's ever worked out," he said.
Of course, something similar could have played out in Phoenix with Steve Nash, but it didn't. Besides recently saying that he wants the team to improve if he's going to re-sign this summer (and really, who didn't already figure that), Nash's impending free agent status has been anything but a distraction to the player or franchise.
And for that, Gentry is thankful.
Indeed, whether you want the Suns to move on from Nash or not, you must be able to appreciate the fact that a circus has not followed him wherever he's gone this season.
See the Dwight Howard/Stan Van Gundy video here:
- Suns' Dragic leads Slovenia to Group D win over Mexico at FIBA World Cup
- Suns guard Goran Dragic leads Slovenians to win in World Cup opener
- Phoenix Suns launch a social media campaign to find new fan models
- Former Phoenix Suns guard Leandro Barbosa signs with the Golden State Warriors
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.