Jamal Crawford has eyes for Phoenix?
They may also soon lose a player.
Guard Jamal Crawford, who is averaging nearly 14 points per game this season, apparently wouldn't mind making the Valley of the Sun his home.
At least, that's what it sounds like, according to Arizona Sports 620's Jon Bloom.
Jamal Crawford just told EJ on press row and Alvin Gentry on the sidelines that he "needs to be here in Phoenix" w/ Blazer teammates nearby— Jon Bloom (@Azbloom) April 17, 2012
While it's impossible to determine what Crawford really meant with this statement, it's worth noting that the well-traveled scorer would probably be a solid fit in Phoenix, especially if Steve Nash departs via free agency.
Then again, Crawford signed a two-year deal prior to this season -- with the second being a player option he is expected to use to get out of the deal, so it's not totally out of the realm of possibility, even if the team wanted him just to add some scoring punch off the bench.
Crawford has played on five different teams since being drafted 8th overall by Cleveland in 2000, and holds career averages of 15.3 points, 3.9 assists and 2.6 rebounds per game. However, he's not exactly the best shooter, making just .384 percent of his shots this season and just .408 for his career.
On the plus side, Crawford did go off for 22 points, 5 rebounds and 4 assists in Monday's loss, so at the very least he could not have hurt his cause.
You know, if he actually does want to play for the Suns.
- Jon Barry, NBA Analyst - Friday May 24Barry expects a physical match up between the Heat & Pacers in Game 2 of the NBA Eastern Conference
- Dan Majerle, Suns legend & GCU coach - Thursday May 23Thunder Dan calls in to argue with Doug about last night's Pacers-Heat game
- Jared Dudley, Suns forward - Tuesday May 21Dudley talks NBA Playoffs and Suns coaching search with Doug & Wolf
- Alvin Gentry, former Suns head coach - Tuesday May 14Gentry talks to Doug & Wolf about the NBA Playoffs, the Suns coaching search and his future
- Denise McDonough, Ryan McDonough's mom - Friday May 10Mrs. McDonough talks to Doug & Wolf about raising the new Suns GM