Jamal Crawford has eyes for Phoenix?
They may also soon lose a player.
Guard Jamal Crawford, who is averaging nearly 14 points per game this season, apparently wouldn't mind making the Valley of the Sun his home.
At least, that's what it sounds like, according to Arizona Sports 620's Jon Bloom.
Jamal Crawford just told EJ on press row and Alvin Gentry on the sidelines that he "needs to be here in Phoenix" w/ Blazer teammates nearby— Jon Bloom (@Azbloom) April 17, 2012
While it's impossible to determine what Crawford really meant with this statement, it's worth noting that the well-traveled scorer would probably be a solid fit in Phoenix, especially if Steve Nash departs via free agency.
Then again, Crawford signed a two-year deal prior to this season -- with the second being a player option he is expected to use to get out of the deal, so it's not totally out of the realm of possibility, even if the team wanted him just to add some scoring punch off the bench.
Crawford has played on five different teams since being drafted 8th overall by Cleveland in 2000, and holds career averages of 15.3 points, 3.9 assists and 2.6 rebounds per game. However, he's not exactly the best shooter, making just .384 percent of his shots this season and just .408 for his career.
On the plus side, Crawford did go off for 22 points, 5 rebounds and 4 assists in Monday's loss, so at the very least he could not have hurt his cause.
You know, if he actually does want to play for the Suns.
- Jared Dudley, Suns' Forward - Tuesday June 11JD gives us his player's perspective on the NBA Finals.
- Brian Windhorst, NBA ESPN.com Writer - Friday June 7Brian Windhorst talks about Game 1 of the NBA Finals and what to expect from the rest of the series.
- Suns GM Ryan McDonough - Friday June 7The Suns GM talks about prospects Ben McLemore of Kansas and Victor Oladipo of Indiana.
- Eddie Johnson, Suns' TV Analyst - Thursday June 6EJ previews game 1 of the NBA Finals. Plus, what are his thoughts on George Karl's firing?
- Victor Oladipo, 2013 NBA draft prospect - Wednesday June 5Oladipo discussed his workout with the Suns and why teams should want him.