Crawford could fit with Suns, but team is 'rolling'
Suns forward Jared Dudley told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Tuesday that Crawford's interest in the team spans back to last summer.
"I talked to Jamal Crawford in the summertime. He told me Phoenix hit him up to potentially bring him here," Dudley said. "He was excited about potentially coming here. His whole thing was he didn't have to start, he was a team player."
Dudley said the reasoning behind Crawford's words is that Portland isn't working out like expected. This is his first year with the Trail Blazers, and he's averaging 26.8 minutes and 13.8 points per game, the lowest they've been since his third season in the league. Dudley wouldn't be surprised if Crawford opts out of his deal and makes a move to another team, whether it's Phoenix or not.
"There's a tremendous talent with his one-on-one scoring ability. He's really one of the tops when it comes to the point guard positions, especially off the bench," Dudley said. "He definitely helps the fire power."
Dudley can see the 13-year veteran wear purple and orange and find a place in the Suns organization because of his experience and reputation.
"He's definitely a veteran who's established. But, yes, I can easily play with Jamal Crawford," Dudley said. "He's a good guy. And that's one thing about the Suns that we try and get here is good character guys, and he's one of them."
- Jared Dudley, Suns forward - Tuesday May 21Dudley talks NBA Playoffs and Suns coaching search with Doug & Wolf
- Alvin Gentry, former Suns head coach - Tuesday May 14Gentry talks to Doug & Wolf about the NBA Playoffs, the Suns coaching search and his future
- Denise McDonough, Ryan McDonough's mom - Friday May 10Mrs. McDonough talks to Doug & Wolf about raising the new Suns GM
- Melinda Dudley, Jared Dudley's mom - Friday May 10Mrs. Dudley tells Doug & Wolf what it was like raising the Suns fan favorite
- Tom Chambers, Suns legend - Friday May 10Chambers tells Doug & Wolf who he'd like to see hired as the new head coach of the Suns