Suns F Frye leaves game with shoulder injury
PHOENIX — Phoenix Suns starting forward Channing Frye injured his right shoulder in the first half of Saturday's game against the Denver Nuggets.
The injury, technically a subluxed right shoulder, occurred when he went up for a rebound with 5 minutes to play in the second quarter. The 6-foot-11 former University of Arizona star was sidelined for nearly two weeks last season when he dislocated the same shoulder.
Team doctor Thomas Carter said Saturday's injury occurred when the shoulder popped slightly out of its socket, then back in again..
Frye is averaging 10.6 points and leads the team with 91 3-pointers.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.
- Jared Dudley, Suns forward - Tuesday May 21Dudley talks NBA Playoffs and Suns coaching search with Doug & Wolf
- Alvin Gentry, former Suns head coach - Tuesday May 14Gentry talks to Doug & Wolf about the NBA Playoffs, the Suns coaching search and his future
- Denise McDonough, Ryan McDonough's mom - Friday May 10Mrs. McDonough talks to Doug & Wolf about raising the new Suns GM
- Melinda Dudley, Jared Dudley's mom - Friday May 10Mrs. Dudley tells Doug & Wolf what it was like raising the Suns fan favorite
- Tom Chambers, Suns legend - Friday May 10Chambers tells Doug & Wolf who he'd like to see hired as the new head coach of the Suns