Telfair wins Suns' Majerle Hustle Award
When it comes to hustle, there is one clear winner on the Phoenix Suns: point guard Sebastian Telfair.
Voted on by fans, players, coaches, employees and Suns Assistant Coach "Thunder" Dan Majerle himself, the Majerle Hustle Award looks to honor guys who do all the little things -- diving for balls, giving up the basket for an assist and playing solid defense -- every game.
Telfair, who began the season as Steve Nash's backup's backup, has become a key player in the Suns lineup.
Prior to the Suns season finale on Wednesday, Telfair has averaged 5.9 points per game, 1.5 rebounds per game and 2.3 assists per game.
He played in 59 games, but only started one, averaging 14.8 minutes per game.
- Alvin Gentry, former Suns head coach - Tuesday May 14Gentry talks to Doug & Wolf about the NBA Playoffs, the Suns coaching search and his future
- Denise McDonough, Ryan McDonough's mom - Friday May 10Mrs. McDonough talks to Doug & Wolf about raising the new Suns GM
- Melinda Dudley, Jared Dudley's mom - Friday May 10Mrs. Dudley tells Doug & Wolf what it was like raising the Suns fan favorite
- Tom Chambers, Suns legend - Friday May 10Chambers tells Doug & Wolf who he'd like to see hired as the new head coach of the Suns
- Ryan McDonough, Suns general manager - Thursday May 9McDonough talks to Doug & Wolf about what he's looking for in a new head coach