Suns owner Sarver ready for important summer
A guest on Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo, Suns owner Robert Sarver said the team will have money to spend, and there are some players who they're interested in spending it on.
"A number of them have some interest in our franchise, and we have interest in some of them," he said about the league's free agents. "We'll have to see how it plays out."
Sarver said the team's goal is to "get ourselves back to the elite status we had for the three years that we went to the Western Conference Finals," but isn't sure they will be able to accomplish that goal this summer.
While Sarver can't comment on free agents from other teams, he is able to discuss Steve Nash.
Nash, as you are already probably aware, is a free agent, able to sign with any team he chooses. He may decide to stay in Phoenix, which is something the owner would not be opposed to.
"In a nutshell, if the situation's right, both parties would like to continue working together," he said. "We're going to have to kind of work through that and see if we come away with a win-win for both of us."
Free agency begins July 1st, and there's no question the Suns would like to be busy adding key guys or, at the very least, keeping their own.
- Jon Barry, NBA Analyst - Friday May 24Barry expects a physical match up between the Heat & Pacers in Game 2 of the NBA Eastern Conference
- Dan Majerle, Suns legend & GCU coach - Thursday May 23Thunder Dan calls in to argue with Doug about last night's Pacers-Heat game
- Jared Dudley, Suns forward - Tuesday May 21Dudley talks NBA Playoffs and Suns coaching search with Doug & Wolf
- Alvin Gentry, former Suns head coach - Tuesday May 14Gentry talks to Doug & Wolf about the NBA Playoffs, the Suns coaching search and his future
- Denise McDonough, Ryan McDonough's mom - Friday May 10Mrs. McDonough talks to Doug & Wolf about raising the new Suns GM