Rumor: Suns interested in Cavs forward Alonzo Gee
With that in mind, the team is apparently interested in adding another, as a report out of Cleveland says the Suns are "in the lead for Alonzo Gee's services." At least, according to SLAMonline writer and Cavaliers blogger Brendan Bowers.
Heard Phoenix Suns are looking to offer RFA Alonzo Gee a multi-year deal in $4 million per season range & are in lead for his services #Cavs— Brendan Bowers (@BowersCLE) May 5, 2012
The 24-year-old Gee is coming off his best season as a pro, averaging 10.6 points and 5.1 rebounds in 29 minutes- per-game.
The 6-foot-6, 219 pounder is a career 43-percent shooter, who hits .345 from three-point range. He'll be a restricted free agent, meaning the Cavs can match any offer he signs with another team.
He's played for Washington, San Antonio and Cleveland throughout his career, which began after the undrafted free agent signed with the Wizards in 2010.
- Tim Kempton, Suns' Analyst - Wednesday June 19Suns' Analyst Tim Kempton joins Doug and Wolf to talk about the NBA Finals game six and if the Spurs
- Jared Dudley, Suns forward - Tuesday June 18Jared Dudley joins Doug and Wolf to talk NBA Finals.
- Jared Dudley, Suns' Forward - Tuesday June 11JD gives us his player's perspective on the NBA Finals.
- Brian Windhorst, NBA ESPN.com Writer - Friday June 7Brian Windhorst talks about Game 1 of the NBA Finals and what to expect from the rest of the series.
- Suns GM Ryan McDonough - Friday June 7The Suns GM talks about prospects Ben McLemore of Kansas and Victor Oladipo of Indiana.