Updated May 7, 2012 - 9:33 pm
NBA analyst: Steve Nash likely to move on
NBA.com's Sam Smith weighed in with his thoughts surrounding Nash's future.
All indications in Phoenix are the Suns will make Steve Nash a limited offer and he'll move on. It makes sense as the Suns will have $23 million in salary cap room and they've gone as far as they can go.
Despite popular belief the veteran point guard would choose to ink a deal in an effort to win a championship in the twilight of his career, Smith believes Nash will go a different route.
Many believe Nash instead of chasing a title with a contender for a lesser salary will go back to Canada and the Raptors for a three-year deal and help bring their young players along.
The Suns management has spent their money foolishly over the past few years and despite having a plethora of cap space available this offseason, it's not a slam dunk team president Lon Babby will spend the funds.
It's also not a guarantee the Suns will be as attractive a free agent destination without the two-time MVP point guard in the fold.
Nash averaged 12.5 points, 10.7 assists and 3 rebounds for the Suns in 2012.
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.