Updated May 7, 2012 - 9:33 pm
NBA analyst: Steve Nash likely to move on
NBA.com's Sam Smith weighed in with his thoughts surrounding Nash's future.
All indications in Phoenix are the Suns will make Steve Nash a limited offer and he'll move on. It makes sense as the Suns will have $23 million in salary cap room and they've gone as far as they can go.
Despite popular belief the veteran point guard would choose to ink a deal in an effort to win a championship in the twilight of his career, Smith believes Nash will go a different route.
Many believe Nash instead of chasing a title with a contender for a lesser salary will go back to Canada and the Raptors for a three-year deal and help bring their young players along.
The Suns management has spent their money foolishly over the past few years and despite having a plethora of cap space available this offseason, it's not a slam dunk team president Lon Babby will spend the funds.
It's also not a guarantee the Suns will be as attractive a free agent destination without the two-time MVP point guard in the fold.
Nash averaged 12.5 points, 10.7 assists and 3 rebounds for the Suns in 2012.
- Phoenix Suns launch a social media campaign to find new fan models
- Former Phoenix Suns guard Leandro Barbosa signs with the Golden State Warriors
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Report: Phoenix Suns reach out to Minnesota Timberwolves about an Eric Bledsoe-Kevin Love trade
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.