Report: Suns 'likely' to offer Nash deal for $20 million
The free agency of Steve Nash has been -- and will be -- talked about quite extensively for the next two months.
The Phoenix Suns have said all along they would like the former MVP to stay in purple and orange.
Nash himself wants to keep his options open.
Alex Kennedy, an NBA reporter for HoopsWorld.com sent out a tweet that the Suns are "likely" to make Nash an offer for two years worth $20 million.
Sources say Phoenix will likely offer Steve Nash two years, $20 million. However, I think Nash leaves money on the table to join contender.— Alex Kennedy (@AlexKennedyNBA) May 10, 2012
Are those the actual numbers that will be on the table? Would that be enough for Nash?
On the last day of the season he did say, "I just want our team to be as competitive as possible if I were to return."
The money and years that come with the report are interesting, but it seems it will come down to what other decisions the Suns make that will ultimately play a role in whether Nash remains a Sun in the future.
- Jared Dudley, Suns forward - Tuesday May 21Dudley talks NBA Playoffs and Suns coaching search with Doug & Wolf
- Alvin Gentry, former Suns head coach - Tuesday May 14Gentry talks to Doug & Wolf about the NBA Playoffs, the Suns coaching search and his future
- Denise McDonough, Ryan McDonough's mom - Friday May 10Mrs. McDonough talks to Doug & Wolf about raising the new Suns GM
- Melinda Dudley, Jared Dudley's mom - Friday May 10Mrs. Dudley tells Doug & Wolf what it was like raising the Suns fan favorite
- Tom Chambers, Suns legend - Friday May 10Chambers tells Doug & Wolf who he'd like to see hired as the new head coach of the Suns