Updated May 13, 2012 - 5:50 pm
Raptors, Knicks players in Nash sweepstakes
One team that has been oft mentioned as a suitor for Nash has been the Toronto Raptors. The Raptors boast a young squad and have money to spend, which lends credence to the belief that Nash may opt to finish his career in his native Canada.
The Raptors are constantly going to be linked to Steve Nash because of Bryan Colangelo's link to Nash's Suns, which Colangelo was GM for.
Toronto isn't the only team considered to be strong players in the Nash sweepstakes. The New York Knicks also figure to make a concerted effort to land the 38-year-old guard. Although, if Nash has his sights set on a championship, both teams could be left out in the cold.
Toronto will be in direct competition with the Knicks for Steve Nash. But Nash is expected to look to sign with a bona fide contender, and the Knicks and Raptors don't fit that description.
Nash averaged 12.5 points, 10.7 assists and 3 rebounds per game in 2011.
- Owner Robert Sarver: Phoenix Suns not trying to lowball RFA Eric Bledsoe
- An open letter to Eric Bledsoe
- Suns relationship with Bledsoe described as headed towards ruined
- The Pulse: Fans say Suns need to negotiate smaller contract with Eric Bledsoe
- Report: Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker arrested in Scottsdale in May for extreme DUI
- Robert Sarver, Phoenix Suns Owner - Friday August 1Phoenix Suns owner Robert Sarver joins the show to discuss Gambo's letter to Eric Bledsoe.
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.