Updated May 13, 2012 - 5:50 pm
Raptors, Knicks players in Nash sweepstakes
One team that has been oft mentioned as a suitor for Nash has been the Toronto Raptors. The Raptors boast a young squad and have money to spend, which lends credence to the belief that Nash may opt to finish his career in his native Canada.
The Raptors are constantly going to be linked to Steve Nash because of Bryan Colangelo's link to Nash's Suns, which Colangelo was GM for.
Toronto isn't the only team considered to be strong players in the Nash sweepstakes. The New York Knicks also figure to make a concerted effort to land the 38-year-old guard. Although, if Nash has his sights set on a championship, both teams could be left out in the cold.
Toronto will be in direct competition with the Knicks for Steve Nash. But Nash is expected to look to sign with a bona fide contender, and the Knicks and Raptors don't fit that description.
Nash averaged 12.5 points, 10.7 assists and 3 rebounds per game in 2011.
- Phoenix Suns' Eric Bledsoe: 'I'm ready to go'
- Suns' Dragic credits new team mindset for success
- Former D-League coach praises work ethic of Suns' Gerald Green
- Suns center Alex Len keeping close tabs on Ukraine, honors country with special message
- Suns Strokes: Green engineers second-half comeback in thrilling win over Thunder
- Goran Dragic, Suns Guard - Friday March 7Suns guard Goran Dragic joins the Burns and Gambo show
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 7The Suns got a signature win, and seem determined to make the playoffs.
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Tim Kempton, Suns Color Analyst - Friday March 7Will LeBron return to Cleveland?