Steve Nash says he would 'definitely consider' Knicks
The veteran point guard, who is set to become a free agent on July 1, said the New York Knicks would be an option, should they make an offer.
"The Knicks are a great franchise and I live in New York City (each summer), so I'd definitely consider them if they were interested," Nash told ESPN New York.
Unfortunately for the Knicks, though, they aren't likely to have much cap space this summer. Barring unforeseen circumstances they'll only have minimum contracts to offer free agents, and while Nash is 38 and on the downside of his career, he'll certainly command more money than that.
After all, point guards who average 12.5 points and 10.7 assists per game while shooting 53 percent from the floor and 39 percent from three-point range are valuable, and some team with money to spend will gladly give a good amount to Nash.
Who those teams are and how seriously Nash will consider them remains to be seen, but at this point we know the two-time MVP will at least listen to pretty much any offer.
"I want to wait and see what's actually on the table," he said. "I'm open and excited. I'm looking at every possibility right now."
The Suns, Knicks, Raptors, Nets, Trail Blazers and Mavericks have all been mentioned as teams Nash could join, with the Hawks and Jazz also being linked to the point guard.
No one knows which one Nash will choose -- or if it's any one of those teams to begin with -- but we'll find out soon enough.
- Alvin Gentry, former Suns head coach - Tuesday May 14Gentry talks to Doug & Wolf about the NBA Playoffs, the Suns coaching search and his future
- Denise McDonough, Ryan McDonough's mom - Friday May 10Mrs. McDonough talks to Doug & Wolf about raising the new Suns GM
- Melinda Dudley, Jared Dudley's mom - Friday May 10Mrs. Dudley tells Doug & Wolf what it was like raising the Suns fan favorite
- Tom Chambers, Suns legend - Friday May 10Chambers tells Doug & Wolf who he'd like to see hired as the new head coach of the Suns
- Ryan McDonough, Suns general manager - Thursday May 9McDonough talks to Doug & Wolf about what he's looking for in a new head coach