Steve Nash says he would 'definitely consider' Knicks
The veteran point guard, who is set to become a free agent on July 1, said the New York Knicks would be an option, should they make an offer.
"The Knicks are a great franchise and I live in New York City (each summer), so I'd definitely consider them if they were interested," Nash told ESPN New York.
Unfortunately for the Knicks, though, they aren't likely to have much cap space this summer. Barring unforeseen circumstances they'll only have minimum contracts to offer free agents, and while Nash is 38 and on the downside of his career, he'll certainly command more money than that.
After all, point guards who average 12.5 points and 10.7 assists per game while shooting 53 percent from the floor and 39 percent from three-point range are valuable, and some team with money to spend will gladly give a good amount to Nash.
Who those teams are and how seriously Nash will consider them remains to be seen, but at this point we know the two-time MVP will at least listen to pretty much any offer.
"I want to wait and see what's actually on the table," he said. "I'm open and excited. I'm looking at every possibility right now."
The Suns, Knicks, Raptors, Nets, Trail Blazers and Mavericks have all been mentioned as teams Nash could join, with the Hawks and Jazz also being linked to the point guard.
No one knows which one Nash will choose -- or if it's any one of those teams to begin with -- but we'll find out soon enough.
- Jared Dudley, Suns forward - Tuesday June 18Jared Dudley joins Doug and Wolf to talk NBA Finals.
- Jared Dudley, Suns' Forward - Tuesday June 11JD gives us his player's perspective on the NBA Finals.
- Brian Windhorst, NBA ESPN.com Writer - Friday June 7Brian Windhorst talks about Game 1 of the NBA Finals and what to expect from the rest of the series.
- Suns GM Ryan McDonough - Friday June 7The Suns GM talks about prospects Ben McLemore of Kansas and Victor Oladipo of Indiana.
- Eddie Johnson, Suns' TV Analyst - Thursday June 6EJ previews game 1 of the NBA Finals. Plus, what are his thoughts on George Karl's firing?