Steve Nash to Raptors may be picking up steam
Sure, the Raptors play in Nash's home country, but they aren't exactly "ready to win", which is a requirement many feel Nash will have for whoever he signs his next contract with.
After all, if winning isn't the issue, why leave the Suns in the first place?
But that may not be the case, at least not entirely.
According to Randy Hill of FoxSportsArizona.com, the Nash-to-Toronto rumors may have something to them.
"I've been hearing that from people that would know," said one Western Conference sharpie, sounding very much like the rest of us. "The Raptors may not be ready to win right away, but with (Andrea) Bargnani, (DeMar) DeRozan and maybe (Jonas) Valanciunas coming over next season, they could be pretty decent right away with Nash. And they could have enough cap space to get something done there."
The Raptors do have some young talent -- more than the Suns can offer -- but aren't exactly a team on the cusp of winning a title.
But as with any of the Nash rumors, we won't truly know anything until free agency begins July 1, as only then will we find out who the point guard is talking with and what teams he will consider joining.
- Tim Kempton, Suns' Analyst - Wednesday June 19Suns' Analyst Tim Kempton joins Doug and Wolf to talk about the NBA Finals game six and if the Spurs
- Jared Dudley, Suns forward - Tuesday June 18Jared Dudley joins Doug and Wolf to talk NBA Finals.
- Jared Dudley, Suns' Forward - Tuesday June 11JD gives us his player's perspective on the NBA Finals.
- Brian Windhorst, NBA ESPN.com Writer - Friday June 7Brian Windhorst talks about Game 1 of the NBA Finals and what to expect from the rest of the series.
- Suns GM Ryan McDonough - Friday June 7The Suns GM talks about prospects Ben McLemore of Kansas and Victor Oladipo of Indiana.