Steve Nash to Raptors may be picking up steam
Sure, the Raptors play in Nash's home country, but they aren't exactly "ready to win", which is a requirement many feel Nash will have for whoever he signs his next contract with.
After all, if winning isn't the issue, why leave the Suns in the first place?
But that may not be the case, at least not entirely.
According to Randy Hill of FoxSportsArizona.com, the Nash-to-Toronto rumors may have something to them.
"I've been hearing that from people that would know," said one Western Conference sharpie, sounding very much like the rest of us. "The Raptors may not be ready to win right away, but with (Andrea) Bargnani, (DeMar) DeRozan and maybe (Jonas) Valanciunas coming over next season, they could be pretty decent right away with Nash. And they could have enough cap space to get something done there."
The Raptors do have some young talent -- more than the Suns can offer -- but aren't exactly a team on the cusp of winning a title.
But as with any of the Nash rumors, we won't truly know anything until free agency begins July 1, as only then will we find out who the point guard is talking with and what teams he will consider joining.
- Jon Barry, NBA Analyst - Friday May 24Barry expects a physical match up between the Heat & Pacers in Game 2 of the NBA Eastern Conference
- Dan Majerle, Suns legend & GCU coach - Thursday May 23Thunder Dan calls in to argue with Doug about last night's Pacers-Heat game
- Jared Dudley, Suns forward - Tuesday May 21Dudley talks NBA Playoffs and Suns coaching search with Doug & Wolf
- Alvin Gentry, former Suns head coach - Tuesday May 14Gentry talks to Doug & Wolf about the NBA Playoffs, the Suns coaching search and his future
- Denise McDonough, Ryan McDonough's mom - Friday May 10Mrs. McDonough talks to Doug & Wolf about raising the new Suns GM