Suns Draft Candidate: Terrence Ross
Terrence Ross, the 6-foot-7 shooting guard from the University of Washington, enjoyed a stellar sophomore season that saw him improve in every statistical category, including his scoring average, which jumped from 8.0 points per game as a freshman to 16.4 points in his second year.
Ross ranked fourth in the Pac-12 in scoring and sixth in three-pointers made (72). The Portland, Oregon product garnered first team All-Pac-12 honors as a sophomore. He was also one of only two Pac-12 players to rank in the top ten in points and rebounds in the 2011-12 season.
Ross helped lead the Huskies to the semifinals of the NIT, where they lost 68-67 in overtime to Minnesota. In the four games of the NIT, Ross averaged 25 points per game and exploded for a career-high 32 in a second round win over Northwestern.
Ross Highlight Mix
Scouting Report Snippets
• Chad Ford of ESPN says Ross is an explosive athlete and a great shooter with excellent range. On the down side, Ford cites Ross' shot selection, his tendency to defer to teammates and his need to get stronger as concerns.
• SwishScout has Ross ranked as the fourth- best shooting guard prospect in the draft and raves about his athleticism (gives him 9 out of a possible 10 in that category). They also point out that Ross needs to fill out his frame and work on shot selection.
Terrence Ross Combine Interview
Other Suns Draft Candidates:
- Jared Dudley, Suns forward - Tuesday June 18Jared Dudley joins Doug and Wolf to talk NBA Finals.
- Jared Dudley, Suns' Forward - Tuesday June 11JD gives us his player's perspective on the NBA Finals.
- Brian Windhorst, NBA ESPN.com Writer - Friday June 7Brian Windhorst talks about Game 1 of the NBA Finals and what to expect from the rest of the series.
- Suns GM Ryan McDonough - Friday June 7The Suns GM talks about prospects Ben McLemore of Kansas and Victor Oladipo of Indiana.
- Eddie Johnson, Suns' TV Analyst - Thursday June 6EJ previews game 1 of the NBA Finals. Plus, what are his thoughts on George Karl's firing?