Updated Jun 28, 2012 - 2:09 pm
Ray Allen to Phoenix Suns?
So when Wojnarowski talks, people listen -- and more often than not, there's validity in what he says.
Wojnarowski had some news concerning the Phoenix Suns Thursday, and this definitely falls into the category of 'interesting'.
The NBA scribe wrote that the Suns have "surfaced as serious contenders to sign Boston Celtics free agent Ray Allen."
The first question that pops up is 'why?'
Allen is 37 years of age and definitely on the downside of his career. In 46 games with Boston last season, Allen averaged 14.2 points per game -- his lowest season average since his rookie season of 1996-97.
However, the 10-time All-Star did shoot a career-high .453 from three-point range, a mark that was tied for fourth-best in the league.
Allen is a pro's pro, and could be described as a "Suns killer" from his days as a Seattle Supersonic, but the Suns' reported interest in signing him at this juncture of his career is puzzling, especially considering the seemingly apparent need for the Phoenix roster to get younger.
The league's free agency period begins Saturday night at 9:00 PST.
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.