Updated Jun 28, 2012 - 2:09 pm
Ray Allen to Phoenix Suns?
So when Wojnarowski talks, people listen -- and more often than not, there's validity in what he says.
Wojnarowski had some news concerning the Phoenix Suns Thursday, and this definitely falls into the category of 'interesting'.
The NBA scribe wrote that the Suns have "surfaced as serious contenders to sign Boston Celtics free agent Ray Allen."
The first question that pops up is 'why?'
Allen is 37 years of age and definitely on the downside of his career. In 46 games with Boston last season, Allen averaged 14.2 points per game -- his lowest season average since his rookie season of 1996-97.
However, the 10-time All-Star did shoot a career-high .453 from three-point range, a mark that was tied for fourth-best in the league.
Allen is a pro's pro, and could be described as a "Suns killer" from his days as a Seattle Supersonic, but the Suns' reported interest in signing him at this juncture of his career is puzzling, especially considering the seemingly apparent need for the Phoenix roster to get younger.
The league's free agency period begins Saturday night at 9:00 PST.
- Suns Strokes: Green engineers second-half comeback in thrilling win over Thunder
- Green, Suns storm past Thunder in statement victory: By the Numbers
- Phoenix Suns hope Eric Bledsoe ‘ready to go' next week
- Newly signed center Shavlik Randolph has close ties to Suns GM, players
- Phoenix Suns center Miles Plumlee to miss second straight game
- Lon Babby, Suns President of Basketball Operations - Thursday March 6Lon Babby talks about the Suns recent injury woes.
- The DISH - March 6, 2014 - Thursday March 6Jon Bloom takes the Suns time machine back to 2000 and a big late season victory at home.
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame voice of the Suns - Thursday March 6What's the best way to prepare for games on the road?
- Ryan McDonough, Suns general manager - Wednesday March 5Suns GM Ryan McDonough reacts to the team's loss to the Clippers.
- The DISH - March 4, 2013 - Tuesday March 4Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.