Updated Jun 28, 2012 - 2:09 pm
Ray Allen to Phoenix Suns?
So when Wojnarowski talks, people listen -- and more often than not, there's validity in what he says.
Wojnarowski had some news concerning the Phoenix Suns Thursday, and this definitely falls into the category of 'interesting'.
The NBA scribe wrote that the Suns have "surfaced as serious contenders to sign Boston Celtics free agent Ray Allen."
The first question that pops up is 'why?'
Allen is 37 years of age and definitely on the downside of his career. In 46 games with Boston last season, Allen averaged 14.2 points per game -- his lowest season average since his rookie season of 1996-97.
However, the 10-time All-Star did shoot a career-high .453 from three-point range, a mark that was tied for fourth-best in the league.
Allen is a pro's pro, and could be described as a "Suns killer" from his days as a Seattle Supersonic, but the Suns' reported interest in signing him at this juncture of his career is puzzling, especially considering the seemingly apparent need for the Phoenix roster to get younger.
The league's free agency period begins Saturday night at 9:00 PST.
- Ryan McDonough, Suns General Manager - Wednesday December 4Ryan McDonough discusses the Suns' recent losses.
- The DISH - December 3, 2013 - Tuesday December 3Jon Bloom brings us this day in Suns' history.
- Jeff Hornacek, Suns Head Coach - Tuesday December 3Coach says the Suns know who they are, so who are they?
- The DISH - November 29, 2013 - Friday November 29Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.
- The DISH - November 27, 2013 - Wednesday November 27Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.