Ray Allen to Phoenix Suns?
So when Wojnarowski talks, people listen -- and more often than not, there's validity in what he says.
Wojnarowski had some news concerning the Phoenix Suns Thursday, and this definitely falls into the category of 'interesting'.
The NBA scribe wrote that the Suns have "surfaced as serious contenders to sign Boston Celtics free agent Ray Allen."
The first question that pops up is 'why?'
Allen is 37 years of age and definitely on the downside of his career. In 46 games with Boston last season, Allen averaged 14.2 points per game -- his lowest season average since his rookie season of 1996-97.
However, the 10-time All-Star did shoot a career-high .453 from three-point range, a mark that was tied for fourth-best in the league.
Allen is a pro's pro, and could be described as a "Suns killer" from his days as a Seattle Supersonic, but the Suns' reported interest in signing him at this juncture of his career is puzzling, especially considering the seemingly apparent need for the Phoenix roster to get younger.
The league's free agency period begins Saturday night at 9:00 PST.
- Jared Dudley, Suns forward - Tuesday June 18Jared Dudley joins Doug and Wolf to talk NBA Finals.
- Jared Dudley, Suns' Forward - Tuesday June 11JD gives us his player's perspective on the NBA Finals.
- Brian Windhorst, NBA ESPN.com Writer - Friday June 7Brian Windhorst talks about Game 1 of the NBA Finals and what to expect from the rest of the series.
- Suns GM Ryan McDonough - Friday June 7The Suns GM talks about prospects Ben McLemore of Kansas and Victor Oladipo of Indiana.
- Eddie Johnson, Suns' TV Analyst - Thursday June 6EJ previews game 1 of the NBA Finals. Plus, what are his thoughts on George Karl's firing?