Raptors plan to send 'contingent' to woo Steve Nash
It worked. And now Colangelo is going to try again.
Now in charge of the Toronto Raptors, it appears the former Suns executive is going to pull out all the stops, hoping to lure the two-time MVP away from his home of the last eight years.
Hearing Raptors want to park no less than a five-deep contingent in Manhattan to woo Steve Nash as soon as allowed
There is no telling how successful Colangelo will be this time around, as Nash left Dallas eight years ago in large part because Phoenix offered significantly more money. By all accounts the Suns are planning on offering Nash a good amount of cash now, so the Raptors should not be able to "out-bid" their counterparts.
But, if Nash wants to win games, there are many who feel Toronto would be a better place. And, the idea of playing for the only team left in the point guard's native Canada has to be rather enticing.
Free agency officially begins at 9:00 p.m. Arizona time Saturday, midnight eastern. Looks like Nash, who will be in his summer home of New York, better not hit the sack early.
- Tim Kempton, Suns' Analyst - Wednesday June 19Suns' Analyst Tim Kempton joins Doug and Wolf to talk about the NBA Finals game six and if the Spurs
- Jared Dudley, Suns forward - Tuesday June 18Jared Dudley joins Doug and Wolf to talk NBA Finals.
- Jared Dudley, Suns' Forward - Tuesday June 11JD gives us his player's perspective on the NBA Finals.
- Brian Windhorst, NBA ESPN.com Writer - Friday June 7Brian Windhorst talks about Game 1 of the NBA Finals and what to expect from the rest of the series.
- Suns GM Ryan McDonough - Friday June 7The Suns GM talks about prospects Ben McLemore of Kansas and Victor Oladipo of Indiana.