Raptors plan to send 'contingent' to woo Steve Nash
It worked. And now Colangelo is going to try again.
Now in charge of the Toronto Raptors, it appears the former Suns executive is going to pull out all the stops, hoping to lure the two-time MVP away from his home of the last eight years.
Hearing Raptors want to park no less than a five-deep contingent in Manhattan to woo Steve Nash as soon as allowed
There is no telling how successful Colangelo will be this time around, as Nash left Dallas eight years ago in large part because Phoenix offered significantly more money. By all accounts the Suns are planning on offering Nash a good amount of cash now, so the Raptors should not be able to "out-bid" their counterparts.
But, if Nash wants to win games, there are many who feel Toronto would be a better place. And, the idea of playing for the only team left in the point guard's native Canada has to be rather enticing.
Free agency officially begins at 9:00 p.m. Arizona time Saturday, midnight eastern. Looks like Nash, who will be in his summer home of New York, better not hit the sack early.
- Jared Dudley, Suns forward - Tuesday May 21Dudley talks NBA Playoffs and Suns coaching search with Doug & Wolf
- Alvin Gentry, former Suns head coach - Tuesday May 14Gentry talks to Doug & Wolf about the NBA Playoffs, the Suns coaching search and his future
- Denise McDonough, Ryan McDonough's mom - Friday May 10Mrs. McDonough talks to Doug & Wolf about raising the new Suns GM
- Melinda Dudley, Jared Dudley's mom - Friday May 10Mrs. Dudley tells Doug & Wolf what it was like raising the Suns fan favorite
- Tom Chambers, Suns legend - Friday May 10Chambers tells Doug & Wolf who he'd like to see hired as the new head coach of the Suns