Eric Gordon reportedly has visit scheduled with Suns
Just hours into free agency, Eric Gordon has already reportedly scheduled a visit with the Phoenix Suns.
According to ESPN.com, the 23-year-old shooting guard is scheduled to visit Phoenix on Tuesday. Gordon also has a visit to schedule for Sunday with the Indiana Pacers, and Monday with the Houston Rockets.
Gordon is said to be seeking a max contract from his prospective team, which will pay him $58 million over four years, and he hopes to make his decision before his first Team USA practice in Las Vegas on July 6.
If the Suns were able to sign Gordon to an offer sheet, they would then have to wait three days to allow the New Orleans Hornets to see if they choose to match the offer.
Gordon, who averaged 20 points and three assists last season with the Hornets, would provide a solid scorer to the Suns, a piece they have been sorely lacking since the departure of Amare Stoudemire to the New York Knicks following the 2009-10 season.
Bringing in Gordon would also provide a strong selling point for a free agent point guard, whether that is Steve Nash or one of many others.
- Jared Dudley, Suns forward - Tuesday June 18Jared Dudley joins Doug and Wolf to talk NBA Finals.
- Jared Dudley, Suns' Forward - Tuesday June 11JD gives us his player's perspective on the NBA Finals.
- Brian Windhorst, NBA ESPN.com Writer - Friday June 7Brian Windhorst talks about Game 1 of the NBA Finals and what to expect from the rest of the series.
- Suns GM Ryan McDonough - Friday June 7The Suns GM talks about prospects Ben McLemore of Kansas and Victor Oladipo of Indiana.
- Eddie Johnson, Suns' TV Analyst - Thursday June 6EJ previews game 1 of the NBA Finals. Plus, what are his thoughts on George Karl's firing?