Eric Gordon reportedly has visit scheduled with Suns
Just hours into free agency, Eric Gordon has already reportedly scheduled a visit with the Phoenix Suns.
According to ESPN.com, the 23-year-old shooting guard is scheduled to visit Phoenix on Tuesday. Gordon also has a visit to schedule for Sunday with the Indiana Pacers, and Monday with the Houston Rockets.
Gordon is said to be seeking a max contract from his prospective team, which will pay him $58 million over four years, and he hopes to make his decision before his first Team USA practice in Las Vegas on July 6.
If the Suns were able to sign Gordon to an offer sheet, they would then have to wait three days to allow the New Orleans Hornets to see if they choose to match the offer.
Gordon, who averaged 20 points and three assists last season with the Hornets, would provide a solid scorer to the Suns, a piece they have been sorely lacking since the departure of Amare Stoudemire to the New York Knicks following the 2009-10 season.
Bringing in Gordon would also provide a strong selling point for a free agent point guard, whether that is Steve Nash or one of many others.
- Jon Barry, NBA Analyst - Friday May 24Barry expects a physical match up between the Heat & Pacers in Game 2 of the NBA Eastern Conference
- Dan Majerle, Suns legend & GCU coach - Thursday May 23Thunder Dan calls in to argue with Doug about last night's Pacers-Heat game
- Jared Dudley, Suns forward - Tuesday May 21Dudley talks NBA Playoffs and Suns coaching search with Doug & Wolf
- Alvin Gentry, former Suns head coach - Tuesday May 14Gentry talks to Doug & Wolf about the NBA Playoffs, the Suns coaching search and his future
- Denise McDonough, Ryan McDonough's mom - Friday May 10Mrs. McDonough talks to Doug & Wolf about raising the new Suns GM