Updated Jul 2, 2012 - 12:13 pm
Report: Suns offer Steve Nash $12 million over two years
Suns Update:Trusted source informs me that Phx Suns offer to Steve Nash currently stands at = 2 years, $12 million.— Paul Calvisi (@PaulCalvisi) July 2, 2012
If both reports are true then, well, you can kiss Nash goodbye, because an offer of $6 million per year by the Suns will surely not be enough to keep him around.
To put it in perspective, that deal would put Nash behind Josh Childress and about on par with Channing Frye.
Sure, Nash is 38 and not the player he once was. But he still averaged 12.5 points and 10.7 assists per game last season, the second number being good enough for second- best in the NBA. While the point guard may have been willing to take some kind of discount to stay in the Valley, there is little chance he'll find this offer to be satisfactory.
- Suns guard Goran Dragic leads Slovenians to win in World Cup opener
- Phoenix Suns launch a social media campaign to find new fan models
- Former Phoenix Suns guard Leandro Barbosa signs with the Golden State Warriors
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Report: Phoenix Suns reach out to Minnesota Timberwolves about an Eric Bledsoe-Kevin Love trade
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.