Updated Jul 2, 2012 - 12:13 pm
Report: Suns offer Steve Nash $12 million over two years
Suns Update:Trusted source informs me that Phx Suns offer to Steve Nash currently stands at = 2 years, $12 million.— Paul Calvisi (@PaulCalvisi) July 2, 2012
If both reports are true then, well, you can kiss Nash goodbye, because an offer of $6 million per year by the Suns will surely not be enough to keep him around.
To put it in perspective, that deal would put Nash behind Josh Childress and about on par with Channing Frye.
Sure, Nash is 38 and not the player he once was. But he still averaged 12.5 points and 10.7 assists per game last season, the second number being good enough for second- best in the NBA. While the point guard may have been willing to take some kind of discount to stay in the Valley, there is little chance he'll find this offer to be satisfactory.
- Ryan McDonough, Suns General Manager - Wednesday December 4Ryan McDonough discusses the Suns' recent losses.
- The DISH - December 3, 2013 - Tuesday December 3Jon Bloom brings us this day in Suns' history.
- Jeff Hornacek, Suns Head Coach - Tuesday December 3Coach says the Suns know who they are, so who are they?
- The DISH - November 29, 2013 - Friday November 29Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.
- The DISH - November 27, 2013 - Wednesday November 27Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.