Report: Suns offer Steve Nash $12 million over two years
Suns Update:Trusted source informs me that Phx Suns offer to Steve Nash currently stands at = 2 years, $12 million.— Paul Calvisi (@PaulCalvisi) July 2, 2012
If both reports are true then, well, you can kiss Nash goodbye, because an offer of $6 million per year by the Suns will surely not be enough to keep him around.
To put it in perspective, that deal would put Nash behind Josh Childress and about on par with Channing Frye.
Sure, Nash is 38 and not the player he once was. But he still averaged 12.5 points and 10.7 assists per game last season, the second number being good enough for second- best in the NBA. While the point guard may have been willing to take some kind of discount to stay in the Valley, there is little chance he'll find this offer to be satisfactory.
- Jared Dudley, Suns forward - Tuesday June 18Jared Dudley joins Doug and Wolf to talk NBA Finals.
- Jared Dudley, Suns' Forward - Tuesday June 11JD gives us his player's perspective on the NBA Finals.
- Brian Windhorst, NBA ESPN.com Writer - Friday June 7Brian Windhorst talks about Game 1 of the NBA Finals and what to expect from the rest of the series.
- Suns GM Ryan McDonough - Friday June 7The Suns GM talks about prospects Ben McLemore of Kansas and Victor Oladipo of Indiana.
- Eddie Johnson, Suns' TV Analyst - Thursday June 6EJ previews game 1 of the NBA Finals. Plus, what are his thoughts on George Karl's firing?