Updated Jul 2, 2012 - 12:13 pm
Report: Suns offer Steve Nash $12 million over two years
Suns Update:Trusted source informs me that Phx Suns offer to Steve Nash currently stands at = 2 years, $12 million.— Paul Calvisi (@PaulCalvisi) July 2, 2012
If both reports are true then, well, you can kiss Nash goodbye, because an offer of $6 million per year by the Suns will surely not be enough to keep him around.
To put it in perspective, that deal would put Nash behind Josh Childress and about on par with Channing Frye.
Sure, Nash is 38 and not the player he once was. But he still averaged 12.5 points and 10.7 assists per game last season, the second number being good enough for second- best in the NBA. While the point guard may have been willing to take some kind of discount to stay in the Valley, there is little chance he'll find this offer to be satisfactory.
- Suns' Dragic credits new team mindset with success
- Former D-League coach praises work ethic of Suns' Gerald Green
- Suns center Alex Len keeping close tabs on Ukraine, honors country with special message
- Suns Strokes: Green engineers second-half comeback in thrilling win over Thunder
- Green, Suns storm past Thunder in statement victory: By the Numbers
- Goran Dragic, Suns Guard - Friday March 7Suns guard Goran Dragic joins the Burns and Gambo show
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 7The Suns got a signature win, and seem determined to make the playoffs.
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Tim Kempton, Suns Color Analyst - Friday March 7Will LeBron return to Cleveland?