Updated Jul 4, 2012 - 7:50 pm
Steve Nash to be traded to Lakers for picks
Phoenix Suns point guard Steve Nash will be apart of a sign-and-trade deal that will send him to the Los Angeles Lakers and multiple first-round picks and cash to the Suns.
Nash to LA for multiple picks all but done!!!— John Gambadoro (@Gambo620) July 4, 2012
The Suns will receive four draft picks plus cash, reported by Arizona Sports 620's Jon Bloom.
The exact picks the Suns will receive are the 2013 and 2015 first-round picks and the 2013 and 2014 second-round picks.
The amount of cash the Suns will receive is estimated to be about $3 million.
Nash never was serious about the interest from the New York Knicks, Gambadoro said. The Lakers were his first choice. Nash did not want to take Toronto's offer, as he wanted to stay close to his home in Phoenix.
According to Gambadoro, the deal is expected to be finalized Wednesday evening.
Remembering Steve Nash as a Phoenix Sun
- Suns' future looks bright, but D-backs have proven nothing is guaranteed
- Duke freshman Jabari Parker declares for NBA draft
- Reserves lead Suns to season-ending win over Kings: By The Numbers
- Suns general manager Ryan McDonough: 'We'd like to have' Channing Frye back next season
- Phoenix Suns GM: It would be a waste of time for another team to pursue Eric Bledsoe
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame voice of the Suns - Thursday April 17What should we make of the Sunsí season?
- Ryan McDonough, Suns general manager - Wednesday April 16Suns general manager Ryan McDonough discusses the team missing the playoffs.
- The DISH - April 16, 2014 - Wednesday April 16Jon Bloom gives us The Day in Suns' History.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 15Dan goes off on the Suns missing the playoffs.
- Jeff Hornacek, Suns head coach - Tuesday April 15Why were the Suns able to surpass early season expectations?