Updated Jul 4, 2012 - 7:50 pm
Steve Nash to be traded to Lakers for picks
Phoenix Suns point guard Steve Nash will be apart of a sign-and-trade deal that will send him to the Los Angeles Lakers and multiple first-round picks and cash to the Suns.
Nash to LA for multiple picks all but done!!!— John Gambadoro (@Gambo620) July 4, 2012
The Suns will receive four draft picks plus cash, reported by Arizona Sports 620's Jon Bloom.
The exact picks the Suns will receive are the 2013 and 2015 first-round picks and the 2013 and 2014 second-round picks.
The amount of cash the Suns will receive is estimated to be about $3 million.
Nash never was serious about the interest from the New York Knicks, Gambadoro said. The Lakers were his first choice. Nash did not want to take Toronto's offer, as he wanted to stay close to his home in Phoenix.
According to Gambadoro, the deal is expected to be finalized Wednesday evening.
Remembering Steve Nash as a Phoenix Sun
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 10A fishy election in North Korea
- Goran Dragic, Suns Guard - Friday March 7Suns guard Goran Dragic joins the Burns and Gambo show
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 7The Suns got a signature win, and seem determined to make the playoffs.
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso