Updated Jul 4, 2012 - 7:50 pm
Steve Nash to be traded to Lakers for picks
Phoenix Suns point guard Steve Nash will be apart of a sign-and-trade deal that will send him to the Los Angeles Lakers and multiple first-round picks and cash to the Suns.
Nash to LA for multiple picks all but done!!!— John Gambadoro (@Gambo620) July 4, 2012
The Suns will receive four draft picks plus cash, reported by Arizona Sports 620's Jon Bloom.
The exact picks the Suns will receive are the 2013 and 2015 first-round picks and the 2013 and 2014 second-round picks.
The amount of cash the Suns will receive is estimated to be about $3 million.
Nash never was serious about the interest from the New York Knicks, Gambadoro said. The Lakers were his first choice. Nash did not want to take Toronto's offer, as he wanted to stay close to his home in Phoenix.
According to Gambadoro, the deal is expected to be finalized Wednesday evening.
Remembering Steve Nash as a Phoenix Sun
- The Pulse: Fans say Suns need to negotiate smaller contract with Eric Bledsoe
- Report: Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker arrested in Scottsdale in May for extreme DUI
- ESPN Insider: Goran Dragic is a max-contract candidate after next season
- Eric Bledsoe: 'I can understand the Suns are using restricted free agency against me'
- Phoenix Suns waive guard Dionte Christmas
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.