Updated Jul 4, 2012 - 7:50 pm
Steve Nash to be traded to Lakers for picks
Phoenix Suns point guard Steve Nash will be apart of a sign-and-trade deal that will send him to the Los Angeles Lakers and multiple first-round picks and cash to the Suns.
Nash to LA for multiple picks all but done!!!— John Gambadoro (@Gambo620) July 4, 2012
The Suns will receive four draft picks plus cash, reported by Arizona Sports 620's Jon Bloom.
The exact picks the Suns will receive are the 2013 and 2015 first-round picks and the 2013 and 2014 second-round picks.
The amount of cash the Suns will receive is estimated to be about $3 million.
Nash never was serious about the interest from the New York Knicks, Gambadoro said. The Lakers were his first choice. Nash did not want to take Toronto's offer, as he wanted to stay close to his home in Phoenix.
According to Gambadoro, the deal is expected to be finalized Wednesday evening.
Remembering Steve Nash as a Phoenix Sun
- Phoenix Suns' Channing Frye finishes third in NBA Sportsmanship Award voting
- Suns' Hornacek on Len, Goodwin: 'We couldn't just throw them out there and hope for the best'
- The Pulse: NBA Playoffs will have your attention over summer
- Suns guard Goran Dragic: 'Consistency' was vital in winning Most Improved Player award
- Phoenix Suns' Goran Dragic: 'I'm going to try to get better every year'
- Goran Dragic, Suns guard - Wednesday April 23Suns guard Goran Dragic talks about winning the Most Improved Player of the Year Award.
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Wednesday April 23Tim Kempton defends his vote for Defensive Player of the Year.
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Tuesday April 22Suns radio analyst Tim Kempton calls in to react to the blast.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 22Bickley blasts on postseason awards and how making it in the playoffs makes a huge difference
- Eddie Johnson, Suns analyst - Monday April 21Suns analyst Eddie Johnson talks about the NBA playoffs.