Steve Nash to be traded to Lakers for picks
Phoenix Suns point guard Steve Nash will be apart of a sign-and-trade deal that will send him to the Los Angeles Lakers and multiple first-round picks and cash to the Suns.
Nash to LA for multiple picks all but done!!!— John Gambadoro (@Gambo620) July 4, 2012
The Suns will receive four draft picks plus cash, reported by Arizona Sports 620's Jon Bloom.
The exact picks the Suns will receive are the 2013 and 2015 first-round picks and the 2013 and 2014 second-round picks.
The amount of cash the Suns will receive is estimated to be about $3 million.
Nash never was serious about the interest from the New York Knicks, Gambadoro said. The Lakers were his first choice. Nash did not want to take Toronto's offer, as he wanted to stay close to his home in Phoenix.
According to Gambadoro, the deal is expected to be finalized Wednesday evening.
Remembering Steve Nash as a Phoenix Sun
- Jared Dudley, Suns' Forward - Tuesday June 11JD gives us his player's perspective on the NBA Finals.
- Brian Windhorst, NBA ESPN.com Writer - Friday June 7Brian Windhorst talks about Game 1 of the NBA Finals and what to expect from the rest of the series.
- Suns GM Ryan McDonough - Friday June 7The Suns GM talks about prospects Ben McLemore of Kansas and Victor Oladipo of Indiana.
- Eddie Johnson, Suns' TV Analyst - Thursday June 6EJ previews game 1 of the NBA Finals. Plus, what are his thoughts on George Karl's firing?
- Victor Oladipo, 2013 NBA draft prospect - Wednesday June 5Oladipo discussed his workout with the Suns and why teams should want him.