No Gordon, Suns could bring Michael Redd and Shannon Brown back
Those plans may include bringing back a couple of shooting guards who were with the team last season.
According to Arizona Sports 620's John Gambadoro, the Suns will look to re-sign Shannon Brown if the Gordon deal falls through.
If NO matches offer sheet for Gordon which they apparently will then Suns will turn attention to keeping Shannon Brown.— John Gambadoro (@Gambo620) July 6, 2012
The 26-year-old Brown averaged a career-best 11 points per game for the Suns last season, and played well as a starter late in the season, when he was scoring nearly 16 points per night.
However, Brown's shot selection was sometimes lacking, and while a great athlete, no one would ever confuse him for a great shooter.
Which of course leads us to one of the team's other options, which is veteran Michael Redd.
According to Fox Sports NBA writer Chris Tomasson, the Suns and Bulls are the two teams "most heavily in the mix" for the 32-year-old.
Redd, as you know, was one of the game's best scorers in from 2003-2009, averaging more than 20 points per night for six consecutive seasons.
But knee injuries derailed his once All-Star career, and he signed with the Suns last season after playing in just 61 games the previous three years.
Redd averaged 8.2 points per night on 40 percent shooting, and showed flashes of the sweet shooting stroke he's known for, but would likely not be thought of as little more than depth for the Suns.
Either way, the Suns' first option is to still land Eric Gordon. Should that not happen, though, they have options -- even if they're less than exciting.
- Tim Kempton, Suns' Analyst - Wednesday June 19Suns' Analyst Tim Kempton joins Doug and Wolf to talk about the NBA Finals game six and if the Spurs
- Jared Dudley, Suns forward - Tuesday June 18Jared Dudley joins Doug and Wolf to talk NBA Finals.
- Jared Dudley, Suns' Forward - Tuesday June 11JD gives us his player's perspective on the NBA Finals.
- Brian Windhorst, NBA ESPN.com Writer - Friday June 7Brian Windhorst talks about Game 1 of the NBA Finals and what to expect from the rest of the series.
- Suns GM Ryan McDonough - Friday June 7The Suns GM talks about prospects Ben McLemore of Kansas and Victor Oladipo of Indiana.