ESPN Insider tells how Nash to L.A. came together
We've now heard Nash give his explanation to both Stein and an ESPN Radio 710's Max Kellerman and Mychal Thompson, but the two-time MVP hasn't turned up anywhere on the Phoenix radio airwaves to break down the trade.
Nash did offer a 27-second voice message via social media to the fans of Phoenix, but when he was reached via telephone by Arizona Sports 620 producer Bryan Gibberman last Friday, he was "too swamped" to spend a few minutes on the Burns & Gambo show.
Anyway, Stein's piece chronicles the lavish efforts of both the Toronto Raptors and New York Knicks to land the prized free agent, and their persistence in trying to make it happen quickly.
I was really close at times to being a Raptor or Knick. Really close. I've always wanted to play for the Knicks, and to go home to Toronto was a dream opportunity in a lot of different ways.
The article also details the Suns' initial reluctance to consent to a deal that would benefit the Lakers so greatly, the full court press put on Robert Sarver and his front office and their ultimate agreement.
As much as it may hurt to read the inner workings of the deal that came together, it is a pretty fascinating read.
- Jared Dudley, Suns forward - Tuesday June 18Jared Dudley joins Doug and Wolf to talk NBA Finals.
- Jared Dudley, Suns' Forward - Tuesday June 11JD gives us his player's perspective on the NBA Finals.
- Brian Windhorst, NBA ESPN.com Writer - Friday June 7Brian Windhorst talks about Game 1 of the NBA Finals and what to expect from the rest of the series.
- Suns GM Ryan McDonough - Friday June 7The Suns GM talks about prospects Ben McLemore of Kansas and Victor Oladipo of Indiana.
- Eddie Johnson, Suns' TV Analyst - Thursday June 6EJ previews game 1 of the NBA Finals. Plus, what are his thoughts on George Karl's firing?