Suns' Dudley: Nash joining Lakers amps up rivalry
Teammates since December 2008, the Suns swingman knows how much the two-time MVP has helped him develop as a person and as a player.
However, when the Suns meet the Lakers for the first time next season, all that will go out the window.
"What he's done for the franchise, I'm not mad at that at all because he deserves that," he told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Wednesday of Nash leaving for Los Angeles. "But now we've got to try and kill him."
Sounds about right.
The Suns and Lakers are bitter rivals, and just because Nash is well-respected does not mean everyone wants to see L.A. do well.
"You know what it comes down to, for one, we can't stand the Lakers, you know the rivalry," he said. "Before I even got to the Suns I didn't like the Lakers."
Dudley said he grew up a Bulls fan so the rivalry was already there, but things are understandably different now.
The NBA's 2012-13 schedule has not been released yet, but you better believe the Suns will put a big circle around their first matchup with the Lakers.
- Jared Dudley, Suns forward - Tuesday June 18Jared Dudley joins Doug and Wolf to talk NBA Finals.
- Jared Dudley, Suns' Forward - Tuesday June 11JD gives us his player's perspective on the NBA Finals.
- Brian Windhorst, NBA ESPN.com Writer - Friday June 7Brian Windhorst talks about Game 1 of the NBA Finals and what to expect from the rest of the series.
- Suns GM Ryan McDonough - Friday June 7The Suns GM talks about prospects Ben McLemore of Kansas and Victor Oladipo of Indiana.
- Eddie Johnson, Suns' TV Analyst - Thursday June 6EJ previews game 1 of the NBA Finals. Plus, what are his thoughts on George Karl's firing?