Suns' Dudley: Nash joining Lakers amps up rivalry
Teammates since December 2008, the Suns swingman knows how much the two-time MVP has helped him develop as a person and as a player.
However, when the Suns meet the Lakers for the first time next season, all that will go out the window.
"What he's done for the franchise, I'm not mad at that at all because he deserves that," he told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Wednesday of Nash leaving for Los Angeles. "But now we've got to try and kill him."
Sounds about right.
The Suns and Lakers are bitter rivals, and just because Nash is well-respected does not mean everyone wants to see L.A. do well.
"You know what it comes down to, for one, we can't stand the Lakers, you know the rivalry," he said. "Before I even got to the Suns I didn't like the Lakers."
Dudley said he grew up a Bulls fan so the rivalry was already there, but things are understandably different now.
The NBA's 2012-13 schedule has not been released yet, but you better believe the Suns will put a big circle around their first matchup with the Lakers.
- Jared Dudley, Suns forward - Tuesday May 21Dudley talks NBA Playoffs and Suns coaching search with Doug & Wolf
- Alvin Gentry, former Suns head coach - Tuesday May 14Gentry talks to Doug & Wolf about the NBA Playoffs, the Suns coaching search and his future
- Denise McDonough, Ryan McDonough's mom - Friday May 10Mrs. McDonough talks to Doug & Wolf about raising the new Suns GM
- Melinda Dudley, Jared Dudley's mom - Friday May 10Mrs. Dudley tells Doug & Wolf what it was like raising the Suns fan favorite
- Tom Chambers, Suns legend - Friday May 10Chambers tells Doug & Wolf who he'd like to see hired as the new head coach of the Suns