Updated Jul 12, 2012 - 2:56 pm
Report: Suns may make amnesty bid for Elton Brand
According to NBA.com's David Aldridge, the Suns are one of a handful of teams considering putting a claim in for former 76er Elton Brand.
The Suns and Hornets were contemplating making a bid, according to other league sources. But teams are leery of making bids if Brand doesn't want to play there.
The report says Brand hopes to be picked up by the Dallas Mavericks, and that fact may scare the Suns off.
However, should they fail to land Eric Gordon the Suns will have ample cap space, and could view the 33-year-old as a good option to have not only in the lineup, but in the locker room, too.
Brand has career averages of 18.3 points and 9.4 rebounds per game, though his best years are clearly behind him.
Regarded as one of the best power forwards in the game shortly after being drafted first overall in 1999, Brand played at an MVP-level in 2005-06, but saw his career go south following a ruptured achilles tendon in 2007.
Brand averaged 11 points and 7.1 rebounds per night last year in 60 games for Philadelphia.
- Owner Robert Sarver: Phoenix Suns not trying to lowball RFA Eric Bledsoe
- An open letter to Eric Bledsoe
- Suns relationship with Bledsoe described as headed towards ruined
- The Pulse: Fans say Suns need to negotiate smaller contract with Eric Bledsoe
- Report: Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker arrested in Scottsdale in May for extreme DUI
- Robert Sarver, Phoenix Suns Owner - Friday August 1Phoenix Suns owner Robert Sarver joins the show to discuss Gambo's letter to Eric Bledsoe.
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.