Updated Jul 12, 2012 - 2:56 pm
Report: Suns may make amnesty bid for Elton Brand
According to NBA.com's David Aldridge, the Suns are one of a handful of teams considering putting a claim in for former 76er Elton Brand.
The Suns and Hornets were contemplating making a bid, according to other league sources. But teams are leery of making bids if Brand doesn't want to play there.
The report says Brand hopes to be picked up by the Dallas Mavericks, and that fact may scare the Suns off.
However, should they fail to land Eric Gordon the Suns will have ample cap space, and could view the 33-year-old as a good option to have not only in the lineup, but in the locker room, too.
Brand has career averages of 18.3 points and 9.4 rebounds per game, though his best years are clearly behind him.
Regarded as one of the best power forwards in the game shortly after being drafted first overall in 1999, Brand played at an MVP-level in 2005-06, but saw his career go south following a ruptured achilles tendon in 2007.
Brand averaged 11 points and 7.1 rebounds per night last year in 60 games for Philadelphia.
- The DISH - April 16, 2014 - Wednesday April 16Jon Bloom gives us The Day in Suns' History.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 15Dan goes off on the Suns missing the playoffs.
- Jeff Hornacek, Suns head coach - Tuesday April 15Why were the Suns able to surpass early season expectations?
- The DISH - April 14, 2014 - Monday April 14Jon Bloom gives us the Day In Suns History.
- The DISH - April 12, 2014 - Saturday April 12Jon Bloom gives us the Day in Suns' History.