Updated Jul 12, 2012 - 2:56 pm
Report: Suns may make amnesty bid for Elton Brand
According to NBA.com's David Aldridge, the Suns are one of a handful of teams considering putting a claim in for former 76er Elton Brand.
The Suns and Hornets were contemplating making a bid, according to other league sources. But teams are leery of making bids if Brand doesn't want to play there.
The report says Brand hopes to be picked up by the Dallas Mavericks, and that fact may scare the Suns off.
However, should they fail to land Eric Gordon the Suns will have ample cap space, and could view the 33-year-old as a good option to have not only in the lineup, but in the locker room, too.
Brand has career averages of 18.3 points and 9.4 rebounds per game, though his best years are clearly behind him.
Regarded as one of the best power forwards in the game shortly after being drafted first overall in 1999, Brand played at an MVP-level in 2005-06, but saw his career go south following a ruptured achilles tendon in 2007.
Brand averaged 11 points and 7.1 rebounds per night last year in 60 games for Philadelphia.
- Goran Dragic, Suns Guard - Friday March 7Suns guard Goran Dragic joins the Burns and Gambo show
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 7The Suns got a signature win, and seem determined to make the playoffs.
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Tim Kempton, Suns Color Analyst - Friday March 7Will LeBron return to Cleveland?