Updated Jul 12, 2012 - 2:56 pm
Report: Suns may make amnesty bid for Elton Brand
According to NBA.com's David Aldridge, the Suns are one of a handful of teams considering putting a claim in for former 76er Elton Brand.
The Suns and Hornets were contemplating making a bid, according to other league sources. But teams are leery of making bids if Brand doesn't want to play there.
The report says Brand hopes to be picked up by the Dallas Mavericks, and that fact may scare the Suns off.
However, should they fail to land Eric Gordon the Suns will have ample cap space, and could view the 33-year-old as a good option to have not only in the lineup, but in the locker room, too.
Brand has career averages of 18.3 points and 9.4 rebounds per game, though his best years are clearly behind him.
Regarded as one of the best power forwards in the game shortly after being drafted first overall in 1999, Brand played at an MVP-level in 2005-06, but saw his career go south following a ruptured achilles tendon in 2007.
Brand averaged 11 points and 7.1 rebounds per night last year in 60 games for Philadelphia.
- Kobe still winless after Suns beat Lakers 114-108
- Suns Strokes: Offensive outburst hands Phoenix first road win vs. Lakers since 2010
- Film study aiding defensive effort of Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker
- Phoenix Suns enjoy brief break, ready to resume playing
- Suns Strokes: Suns scrape by in win vs. Raptors
- The DISH - December 10, 2013 - Tuesday December 10Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.
- The DISH - December 6, 2013 - Friday December 6Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday December 5The Suns beat the Rockets on Wednesday night.
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame Voice of the Suns - Thursday December 5How did the Suns beat one of the best NBA offenses?
- Ryan McDonough, Suns General Manager - Wednesday December 4Ryan McDonough discusses the Suns' recent losses.