Report: Grant Hill leaning towards joining Nash with Lakers
Arizona Sports 620's John Gambadoro reported Friday that veteran Grant Hill may be the next Sun to head to division rival.
Hearing Grant Hill leaning towards Lakers after big push by Steve Nash and Kobe Bryant— John Gambadoro (@Gambo620) July 13, 2012
Hill has been linked to Los Angeles almost from the moment Steve Nash was traded, as his good relationship with the former Suns point guard as well as sturdy defense and leadership qualities would be a good fit for a Lakers team that believes it is a championship contender.
Although Suns president of basketball operations Lon Babby has said he would like to have the 39-year-old back in purple and orange next season, the team's rebuilding status could be a deterrent for Hill, who probably wants to play his final season(s) for a contender.
Hill played in just 46 games last season due to a knee injury, and averaged a career-low 10.2 points and 3.5 rebounds per game.
- Jon Barry, NBA Analyst - Friday May 24Barry expects a physical match up between the Heat & Pacers in Game 2 of the NBA Eastern Conference
- Dan Majerle, Suns legend & GCU coach - Thursday May 23Thunder Dan calls in to argue with Doug about last night's Pacers-Heat game
- Jared Dudley, Suns forward - Tuesday May 21Dudley talks NBA Playoffs and Suns coaching search with Doug & Wolf
- Alvin Gentry, former Suns head coach - Tuesday May 14Gentry talks to Doug & Wolf about the NBA Playoffs, the Suns coaching search and his future
- Denise McDonough, Ryan McDonough's mom - Friday May 10Mrs. McDonough talks to Doug & Wolf about raising the new Suns GM