O.J. Mayo's price tag too high for Phoenix Suns
O.J. Mayo completed his visit with Phoenix Suns' brass over the weekend , but it doesn't look like the two will match up unless Mayo's price tag goes down.
Arizona Sports 620's John Gambadoro tweeted Sunday the Suns weren't comfortable with Mayo's asking price.
OJ Mayo came to town but Suns made no contract offer. He wants 8 mill + a year and for Phx to be interested that price has to come down.— John Gambadoro (@Gambo620) July 15, 2012
The Memphis Grizzlies free agent was the third pick overall in the 2008 NBA draft but held a bench role with the team for the past two seasons.
In 2011-12, Mayo averaged 12.6 points and 3.2 rebounds per contest in 66 games.
- Jared Dudley, Suns forward - Tuesday June 18Jared Dudley joins Doug and Wolf to talk NBA Finals.
- Jared Dudley, Suns' Forward - Tuesday June 11JD gives us his player's perspective on the NBA Finals.
- Brian Windhorst, NBA ESPN.com Writer - Friday June 7Brian Windhorst talks about Game 1 of the NBA Finals and what to expect from the rest of the series.
- Suns GM Ryan McDonough - Friday June 7The Suns GM talks about prospects Ben McLemore of Kansas and Victor Oladipo of Indiana.
- Eddie Johnson, Suns' TV Analyst - Thursday June 6EJ previews game 1 of the NBA Finals. Plus, what are his thoughts on George Karl's firing?