Updated Jul 16, 2012 - 9:26 am
Suns officially sign Kendall Marshall
The Phoenix Suns signed their first round draft pick Monday, and Marshall will play in the Suns' next Summer League Tuesday against Cleveland in Las Vegas. Before then, the North Carolina product who was the 13th pick in last month's NBA Draft will participate in a team scrimmage vs. Golden State Monday.
As Arizona Sports 620's Craig Grialou pointed out via Twitter, NBA rookie contracts are for two years with a third year team option. If that option is exercised, then a fourth-year team option becomes available.
Marshall was named a Third-Team All-American by the Associated Press and a First Team All-American by CBSSports.com. The 6-foot-4, 195-pound point guard set a new ACC record by averaging 9.8 assists per game, and ranked second in the nation in that category.
- Jeff Hornacek, Phoenix Suns Head Coach - Tuesday March 11Do the Suns lack toughness?
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 10A fishy election in North Korea
- Goran Dragic, Suns Guard - Friday March 7Suns guard Goran Dragic joins the Burns and Gambo show
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 7The Suns got a signature win, and seem determined to make the playoffs.