Updated Jul 20, 2012 - 12:00 pm
Phoenix Suns re-sign G Shannon Brown
According to Arizona Sports 620's own John Gambadoro, the contract is for two years.
Brown, 26, played in 59 of 66 games for the Suns last season, averaging a career-high 11.0 points while grabbing 2.7 rebounds. In 19 games as a starter, Brown averaged 15.8 points and 3.7 rebounds per contest, while shooting .406 from three-point range.
The Suns were active in their flirtation with free agent shooting guards before re-signing Brown. On July 3, Phoenix inked restricted free agent Eric Gordon to a four- year, $58 million offer sheet that was ultimately matched by the New Orleans Hornets.
Phoenix also hosted former Memphis guard O.J. Mayo for a visit before the four-year veteran ended up signing a deal with the Dallas Mavericks.
Brown was originally a first round pick of the the Cleveland Cavaliers (25th overall) in 2006 after playing three seasons under Tom Izzo at Michigan State. In 2007, Brown was part of a three-team trade that sent him to the Chicago Bulls, where he played in only six games.
In 2008, Brown signed a free agent deal with the Charlotte Bobcats and was promptly traded to the Los Angeles Lakers, where he was part of a championship team in 2010.
- Suns guard Goran Dragic leads Slovenians to win in World Cup opener
- Phoenix Suns launch a social media campaign to find new fan models
- Former Phoenix Suns guard Leandro Barbosa signs with the Golden State Warriors
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Report: Phoenix Suns reach out to Minnesota Timberwolves about an Eric Bledsoe-Kevin Love trade
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.