Phoenix Suns re-sign G Shannon Brown
According to Arizona Sports 620's own John Gambadoro, the contract is for two years.
Brown, 26, played in 59 of 66 games for the Suns last season, averaging a career-high 11.0 points while grabbing 2.7 rebounds. In 19 games as a starter, Brown averaged 15.8 points and 3.7 rebounds per contest, while shooting .406 from three-point range.
The Suns were active in their flirtation with free agent shooting guards before re-signing Brown. On July 3, Phoenix inked restricted free agent Eric Gordon to a four- year, $58 million offer sheet that was ultimately matched by the New Orleans Hornets.
Phoenix also hosted former Memphis guard O.J. Mayo for a visit before the four-year veteran ended up signing a deal with the Dallas Mavericks.
Brown was originally a first round pick of the the Cleveland Cavaliers (25th overall) in 2006 after playing three seasons under Tom Izzo at Michigan State. In 2007, Brown was part of a three-team trade that sent him to the Chicago Bulls, where he played in only six games.
In 2008, Brown signed a free agent deal with the Charlotte Bobcats and was promptly traded to the Los Angeles Lakers, where he was part of a championship team in 2010.
- Jared Dudley, Suns forward - Tuesday May 21Dudley talks NBA Playoffs and Suns coaching search with Doug & Wolf
- Alvin Gentry, former Suns head coach - Tuesday May 14Gentry talks to Doug & Wolf about the NBA Playoffs, the Suns coaching search and his future
- Denise McDonough, Ryan McDonough's mom - Friday May 10Mrs. McDonough talks to Doug & Wolf about raising the new Suns GM
- Melinda Dudley, Jared Dudley's mom - Friday May 10Mrs. Dudley tells Doug & Wolf what it was like raising the Suns fan favorite
- Tom Chambers, Suns legend - Friday May 10Chambers tells Doug & Wolf who he'd like to see hired as the new head coach of the Suns