Phoenix Suns re-sign G Shannon Brown
According to Arizona Sports 620's own John Gambadoro, the contract is for two years.
Brown, 26, played in 59 of 66 games for the Suns last season, averaging a career-high 11.0 points while grabbing 2.7 rebounds. In 19 games as a starter, Brown averaged 15.8 points and 3.7 rebounds per contest, while shooting .406 from three-point range.
The Suns were active in their flirtation with free agent shooting guards before re-signing Brown. On July 3, Phoenix inked restricted free agent Eric Gordon to a four- year, $58 million offer sheet that was ultimately matched by the New Orleans Hornets.
Phoenix also hosted former Memphis guard O.J. Mayo for a visit before the four-year veteran ended up signing a deal with the Dallas Mavericks.
Brown was originally a first round pick of the the Cleveland Cavaliers (25th overall) in 2006 after playing three seasons under Tom Izzo at Michigan State. In 2007, Brown was part of a three-team trade that sent him to the Chicago Bulls, where he played in only six games.
In 2008, Brown signed a free agent deal with the Charlotte Bobcats and was promptly traded to the Los Angeles Lakers, where he was part of a championship team in 2010.
- Jared Dudley, Suns forward - Tuesday June 18Jared Dudley joins Doug and Wolf to talk NBA Finals.
- Jared Dudley, Suns' Forward - Tuesday June 11JD gives us his player's perspective on the NBA Finals.
- Brian Windhorst, NBA ESPN.com Writer - Friday June 7Brian Windhorst talks about Game 1 of the NBA Finals and what to expect from the rest of the series.
- Suns GM Ryan McDonough - Friday June 7The Suns GM talks about prospects Ben McLemore of Kansas and Victor Oladipo of Indiana.
- Eddie Johnson, Suns' TV Analyst - Thursday June 6EJ previews game 1 of the NBA Finals. Plus, what are his thoughts on George Karl's firing?