Hornets want Robin Lopez, three-way-trade in the works?
The four-year pro is a restricted free agent who has yet to receive offers from other NBA teams. According to Yahoo! Sports Adrian Wojnarowski, that may change soon.
Hornets, Suns, Wolves are nearing agreement on a 3-way deal that would send Robin Lopez to the Hornets in a sign-and-trade, sources tell Y!— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) July 24, 2012
Along with Lopez, Suns would send Hakim Warrick to Hornets. Minny would send Wesley Johnson and a 1st round pick to the Suns, sources say.— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) July 24, 2012
The Hornets were linked to the Suns early Tuesday, but Wojnarowski reported Phoenix was an unwilling trade partner, which was confirmed by Arizona Sports 620's John Gambadoro later.
However, the involvement of Minnesota may net the Suns the compensation they are seeking to part ways with their backup big man.
Johnson, 25, was drafted by the Timberwolves fourth-overall in 2010 out of Syracuse.
A 6-foot-7, 215-pound wing, he is coming off a year where he averaged six points and 2.8 rebounds per game. Though he has not yet proven himself as an NBA player, adding him plus a first round pick -- while unloading Hakim Warrick's contract -- would be a real coup for Phoenix.
Lopez was a first round pick (15th overall) by the Suns in 2008, but has had an inconsistent run in the Valley.
Last season, the 7-footer from Stanford averaged 5.4 points and 3.3 rebounds per game in a bench role. For his career, Lopez averages 5.8 points and 3.3 rebounds per contest.
- Jared Dudley, Suns' Forward - Tuesday June 11JD gives us his player's perspective on the NBA Finals.
- Brian Windhorst, NBA ESPN.com Writer - Friday June 7Brian Windhorst talks about Game 1 of the NBA Finals and what to expect from the rest of the series.
- Suns GM Ryan McDonough - Friday June 7The Suns GM talks about prospects Ben McLemore of Kansas and Victor Oladipo of Indiana.
- Eddie Johnson, Suns' TV Analyst - Thursday June 6EJ previews game 1 of the NBA Finals. Plus, what are his thoughts on George Karl's firing?
- Victor Oladipo, 2013 NBA draft prospect - Wednesday June 5Oladipo discussed his workout with the Suns and why teams should want him.