Suns sign forward P.J. Tucker
The Phoenix Suns continued their roster construction Wednesday, announcing they have come to terms with forward P.J. Tucker.
The 6'6", 224-pounder joins the Suns after spending the last five seasons playing international ball in some of the top leagues worldwide.
Tucker was a member of the Suns' 2012 Las Vegas Summer League and General Manager Lance Blanks had nothing but praise for Tucker's attitude and performance.
"In Las Vegas this summer [Tucker] impressed our entire front office and coaching staff with his approach to the game, both on and off the court," Blanks said.
Tucker averaged 5.8 points and 6.2 rebounds in 21.6 minutes while appearing in five games in Summer League play.
The University of Texas product was drafted with the 35th overall selection in the 2006 NBA draft by Toronto. He played 17 career games in the NBA, all as a member of the Raptors.
This past season, Tucker averaged 16.2 points and 7.1 rebounds in 44 games in Germany. He was also named the MVP of the German League Finals.
- Jared Dudley, Suns forward - Tuesday May 21Dudley talks NBA Playoffs and Suns coaching search with Doug & Wolf
- Alvin Gentry, former Suns head coach - Tuesday May 14Gentry talks to Doug & Wolf about the NBA Playoffs, the Suns coaching search and his future
- Denise McDonough, Ryan McDonough's mom - Friday May 10Mrs. McDonough talks to Doug & Wolf about raising the new Suns GM
- Melinda Dudley, Jared Dudley's mom - Friday May 10Mrs. Dudley tells Doug & Wolf what it was like raising the Suns fan favorite
- Tom Chambers, Suns legend - Friday May 10Chambers tells Doug & Wolf who he'd like to see hired as the new head coach of the Suns