ESPN: Suns have second-worst future in all of basketball
At least, that's how ESPN writers Chad Ford and John Hollinger feel.
In an ESPN Insider piece titled Future Power Rankings, the Suns come in ahead of only the Charlotte Bobcats when it comes to projection for the next few years after this one.
The rankings are based on a compilation of four categories, including players (28th), management (29th), money (12th), market (9th) and draft (4th).
The signings of Goran Dragic, Luis Scola and Michael Beasley, as well as the trade for Wesley Johnson are all commended, and it's noted that Marcin Gortat, Markieff Morris and Kendall Marshall are solid pieces, too.
Still, the writers feel only Charlotte and Orlando are worse when it comes to players, which is what their commentary focused on.
We're pinning much of the blame on owner Robert Sarver. He's the worst type of owner -- both a spendthrift and a meddler who doesn't really know basketball. It's virtually impossible for us to rate the job GM Lon Babby has done because of Sarver's influence on basketball decisions.
At least, the story notes, the Suns have quite a few picks coming their way -- including their own, which they speculate will be early in the 2013 draft.
- Jon Barry, NBA Analyst - Friday May 24Barry expects a physical match up between the Heat & Pacers in Game 2 of the NBA Eastern Conference
- Dan Majerle, Suns legend & GCU coach - Thursday May 23Thunder Dan calls in to argue with Doug about last night's Pacers-Heat game
- Jared Dudley, Suns forward - Tuesday May 21Dudley talks NBA Playoffs and Suns coaching search with Doug & Wolf
- Alvin Gentry, former Suns head coach - Tuesday May 14Gentry talks to Doug & Wolf about the NBA Playoffs, the Suns coaching search and his future
- Denise McDonough, Ryan McDonough's mom - Friday May 10Mrs. McDonough talks to Doug & Wolf about raising the new Suns GM