Suns projected to finish second-worst in West
ESPN.com rolled out its Summer Forecast for the Western Conference Tuesday, a list where they survey a plethora of ESPN basketball analysts and come up with some preseason rankings.
The Suns come in 14th, ahead of only the Sacramento Kings.
The Suns are projected to win just 30 games, which would be three fewer than the number they tallied last season in the lockout-shortened season.
A 30-52 mark would certainly not be what Suns brass had in mind when it completely reshaped the roster, but it may not be that far-fetched given the fact that the team lost both Steve Nash and Grant Hill to division rivals and failed to land a proven star to replace them.
Now could a team with Goran Dragic, Michael Beasley, Marcin Gortat, Jared Dudley and Luis Scola, among others, prove to be better than the ESPN experts think? Sure.
But as of now it appears not much is expected of the 2012-13 Phoenix Suns.
- Jon Barry, NBA Analyst - Friday May 24Barry expects a physical match up between the Heat & Pacers in Game 2 of the NBA Eastern Conference
- Dan Majerle, Suns legend & GCU coach - Thursday May 23Thunder Dan calls in to argue with Doug about last night's Pacers-Heat game
- Jared Dudley, Suns forward - Tuesday May 21Dudley talks NBA Playoffs and Suns coaching search with Doug & Wolf
- Alvin Gentry, former Suns head coach - Tuesday May 14Gentry talks to Doug & Wolf about the NBA Playoffs, the Suns coaching search and his future
- Denise McDonough, Ryan McDonough's mom - Friday May 10Mrs. McDonough talks to Doug & Wolf about raising the new Suns GM