Suns did little to improve this offseason, according to writer
Still, while few would argue that the Suns had a disastrous summer, it's tough to figure losing Steve Nash and Grant Hill, among others, and replacing them with Goran Dragic, Michael Beasley and Luis Scola makes the Suns a better team.
That must be what CBSSports.com writer Matt Moore thought when he penned a piece going over every team's offseason.
Ranking the Suns 23rd of the NBA's 30 teams, Moore pans pretty much every move the Suns made.
Anytime you can pay $6 million a year to a guy who Rick Adelman couldn't get through to and pick up the tab on Luis Scola after a year he really started to show his age, and then splurge on Goran Dragic, banking on his ability to mesh with Marcin Gortat to develop a deadly combination... you know how this joke goes.
We don't know how the joke goes, but we're guessing the punchline isn't going to lead to much laughter for Suns fans.
To be fair, this criticism is a little harsh. While the Suns traded veteran big names for players they hope are on the rise, it's fair to wonder if they really had much of a choice.
Besides, there's no reason Dragic and Beasley can't play well, and while Scola isn't what he used to be, he can still be an effective player.
- Jared Dudley, Suns forward - Tuesday May 21Dudley talks NBA Playoffs and Suns coaching search with Doug & Wolf
- Alvin Gentry, former Suns head coach - Tuesday May 14Gentry talks to Doug & Wolf about the NBA Playoffs, the Suns coaching search and his future
- Denise McDonough, Ryan McDonough's mom - Friday May 10Mrs. McDonough talks to Doug & Wolf about raising the new Suns GM
- Melinda Dudley, Jared Dudley's mom - Friday May 10Mrs. Dudley tells Doug & Wolf what it was like raising the Suns fan favorite
- Tom Chambers, Suns legend - Friday May 10Chambers tells Doug & Wolf who he'd like to see hired as the new head coach of the Suns