Updated Oct 2, 2012 - 10:39 am
James Harden prefers to stay in Oklahoma City
One of the best young players in the game, Harden seems to have a skill-set that would be a perfect fit in the Valley of the Sun.
And, with his familiarity with the area, one would think there'd be mutual interest there.
According to an interview the 23-year-old did with the Oklahoman, it appears Harden would very much like to re-sign with the Thunder when given the chance, saying "Of course I want to be here" when asked about staying.
One advantage the Suns may have had over the Thunder, though, was an ability to offer a max-level contract. The Thunder have made big financial commitments to Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook and Serge Ibaka, and may not be able to do the same for Harden.
However, it turns out the former Sun Devil may be willing to take less money if it means staying with the only franchise he's ever known, in large part because he feels like he and his Thunder teammates have formed a brotherhood and he does not want to break that up.
Harden repeated his willingness to sacrifice to stay with the Thunder, asserting that a max contract wasn't a necessity. He even went so far as to say he believed a deal would be done by the Oct. 31 deadline.
"That's why I'm not too worried about it," he said.
- Suns' Dragic credits new team mindset with success
- Former D-League coach praises work ethic of Suns' Gerald Green
- Suns center Alex Len keeping close tabs on Ukraine, honors country with special message
- Suns Strokes: Green engineers second-half comeback in thrilling win over Thunder
- Green, Suns storm past Thunder in statement victory: By the Numbers
- Goran Dragic, Suns Guard - Friday March 7Suns guard Goran Dragic joins the Burns and Gambo show
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 7The Suns got a signature win, and seem determined to make the playoffs.
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Tim Kempton, Suns Color Analyst - Friday March 7Will LeBron return to Cleveland?