Updated Oct 2, 2012 - 10:39 am
James Harden prefers to stay in Oklahoma City
One of the best young players in the game, Harden seems to have a skill-set that would be a perfect fit in the Valley of the Sun.
And, with his familiarity with the area, one would think there'd be mutual interest there.
According to an interview the 23-year-old did with the Oklahoman, it appears Harden would very much like to re-sign with the Thunder when given the chance, saying "Of course I want to be here" when asked about staying.
One advantage the Suns may have had over the Thunder, though, was an ability to offer a max-level contract. The Thunder have made big financial commitments to Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook and Serge Ibaka, and may not be able to do the same for Harden.
However, it turns out the former Sun Devil may be willing to take less money if it means staying with the only franchise he's ever known, in large part because he feels like he and his Thunder teammates have formed a brotherhood and he does not want to break that up.
Harden repeated his willingness to sacrifice to stay with the Thunder, asserting that a max contract wasn't a necessity. He even went so far as to say he believed a deal would be done by the Oct. 31 deadline.
"That's why I'm not too worried about it," he said.
- Phoenix Suns launch a social media campaign to find new fan models
- Former Phoenix Suns guard Leandro Barbosa signs with the Golden State Warriors
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Report: Phoenix Suns reach out to Minnesota Timberwolves about an Eric Bledsoe-Kevin Love trade
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.