Updated Oct 5, 2012 - 4:44 pm
Beasley making most of second chance so far
"It is no secret that he has had a rough time (at times) on and off the court, both in the NBA and leaving college," Phoenix Suns general manager Lance Blanks told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo.
The former second overall pick battled marijuana-related legal issues in the past and he has yet to live up to his potential on the court. Despite these red flags, the Phoenix Suns have decided to give Beasley a second chance.
"He knows that this is a once in a lifetime opportunity," Blanks said. "It is a fresh start."
Blanks praised how well Beasley has been doing so far in Phoenix and is a big fan of the 23-year-old forward.
"I love the kid to death. I have personally adopted him and just told him that, Blanks said. "He is one of the most loveable young men you will meet."
Blanks said that the team has embraced and adopted him as well.
"The process of integrating him on the floor, off the floor and in the community has gone extremely well," Blanks said.
Beasley is averaging 15.1 points per game in his career, but he has lacked consistency it takes to be become an elite player.
Probably the most talented player on the team, Beasley could be looked at as the "go-to-guy" on a Suns roster that lacks star power.
The Suns kick off their preseason October 10 on the road against the Sacramento Kings. It will be Suns fans' first chance to see their team in the post-Steve Nash era.
- Suns guard Goran Dragic leads Slovenians to win in World Cup opener
- Phoenix Suns launch a social media campaign to find new fan models
- Former Phoenix Suns guard Leandro Barbosa signs with the Golden State Warriors
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Report: Phoenix Suns reach out to Minnesota Timberwolves about an Eric Bledsoe-Kevin Love trade
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.