Updated Oct 5, 2012 - 4:44 pm
Beasley making most of second chance so far
"It is no secret that he has had a rough time (at times) on and off the court, both in the NBA and leaving college," Phoenix Suns general manager Lance Blanks told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo.
The former second overall pick battled marijuana-related legal issues in the past and he has yet to live up to his potential on the court. Despite these red flags, the Phoenix Suns have decided to give Beasley a second chance.
"He knows that this is a once in a lifetime opportunity," Blanks said. "It is a fresh start."
Blanks praised how well Beasley has been doing so far in Phoenix and is a big fan of the 23-year-old forward.
"I love the kid to death. I have personally adopted him and just told him that, Blanks said. "He is one of the most loveable young men you will meet."
Blanks said that the team has embraced and adopted him as well.
"The process of integrating him on the floor, off the floor and in the community has gone extremely well," Blanks said.
Beasley is averaging 15.1 points per game in his career, but he has lacked consistency it takes to be become an elite player.
Probably the most talented player on the team, Beasley could be looked at as the "go-to-guy" on a Suns roster that lacks star power.
The Suns kick off their preseason October 10 on the road against the Sacramento Kings. It will be Suns fans' first chance to see their team in the post-Steve Nash era.
- Report: Phoenix Suns reach out to Minnesota Timberwolves about an Eric Bledsoe-Kevin Love trade
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Phoenix Suns 2014 preseason schedule released
- The Pulse: Most say Eric Bledsoe and agent Rich Paul are at fault for contract standoff with Phoenix Suns
- Phoenix Suns single-game tickets now on sale
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Adrian Wojnarowski- YahooSports NBA writer - Tuesday August 12Adrian Wojnarowski says Eric Bledsoe has backed himself into a corner.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 12Now that Donald Sterling is gone, who is the worst owner in sports?
- Jerry Colangelo, Managing Director of USA Basketball - Friday August 8Jerry Colangelo talks about the Paul George injury and Kevin Durant's departure from Team USA.