Phoenix Suns' Brown, Telfair held out of preseason opener
The Phoenix Suns were without guards Shannon Brown and Sebastian Telfair for the team's loss to the Sacramento Kings in their preseason opener Wednesday.
Brown bumped heads with P.J. Tucker in practice on Tuesday and needed seven stitches above his eye.
Head coach Alvin Gentry said during his pregame interview with Al McCoy that the Suns opted to hold Brown out but implied he would have played if it were the regular season.
"[Brown's] okay. It's just one of those things, but there's no reason to risk him getting hit there again."
Telfair had a minor injury ailment of his own that Gentry felt wasn't worth risking Wednesday.
"[Telfair] has a little bit of a wrist problem so we're going to hold him out, too," Gentry said. "Not anything to be concerned about, just precautionary."
The Suns fell to the Kings 102-96 in Sacramento. They will face off against the Portland Trail Blazers on Friday at 7:00 p.m.
- Dan Majerle, Suns legend & GCU coach - Thursday May 23Thunder Dan calls in to argue with Doug about last night's Pacers-Heat game
- Jared Dudley, Suns forward - Tuesday May 21Dudley talks NBA Playoffs and Suns coaching search with Doug & Wolf
- Alvin Gentry, former Suns head coach - Tuesday May 14Gentry talks to Doug & Wolf about the NBA Playoffs, the Suns coaching search and his future
- Denise McDonough, Ryan McDonough's mom - Friday May 10Mrs. McDonough talks to Doug & Wolf about raising the new Suns GM
- Melinda Dudley, Jared Dudley's mom - Friday May 10Mrs. Dudley tells Doug & Wolf what it was like raising the Suns fan favorite