Updated Oct 10, 2012 - 10:26 pm
Phoenix Suns' Brown, Telfair held out of preseason opener
The Phoenix Suns were without guards Shannon Brown and Sebastian Telfair for the team's loss to the Sacramento Kings in their preseason opener Wednesday.
Brown bumped heads with P.J. Tucker in practice on Tuesday and needed seven stitches above his eye.
Head coach Alvin Gentry said during his pregame interview with Al McCoy that the Suns opted to hold Brown out but implied he would have played if it were the regular season.
"[Brown's] okay. It's just one of those things, but there's no reason to risk him getting hit there again."
Telfair had a minor injury ailment of his own that Gentry felt wasn't worth risking Wednesday.
"[Telfair] has a little bit of a wrist problem so we're going to hold him out, too," Gentry said. "Not anything to be concerned about, just precautionary."
The Suns fell to the Kings 102-96 in Sacramento. They will face off against the Portland Trail Blazers on Friday at 7:00 p.m.
- Kings color commentator Fat Lever: Phoenix 'is a perfect fit' for Isaiah Thomas
- RFA point guard Isaiah Thomas: By The Numbers
- Report: RFA Isaiah Thomas agrees to offer sheet with Phoenix Suns
- 'Competitive' Mike Longabardi takes the reins of Phoenix Suns' Summer League team
- Report: 'Stars now align' for Luol Deng to land with Phoenix Suns
- Fat Lever- Former Sacramento Kings Director of Player Development - Friday July 11Former Sacramento Kings Director of Player Development Fat Lever believes Isaiah Thomas will be a go
- Jeff Phelps- Cavs TV Host - Friday July 11Cavs TV host Jeff Phelps describes the reaction in Cleveland to LeBron returning home.
- Ken Carman, radio host, 92.3 The Fan in Cleveland - Friday July 11Ken Carman, radio host, 92.3 The Fan in Cleveland, gives a local perspective on LeBron Jamesí return
- Charles Barkley, TNT NBA analyst - Friday July 11TNT NBA analyst Charles Barkley gives his take on LeBron Jamesí return to Cleveland.
- Bickley Blast - Friday July 11What does it mean for LeBron James to return to Cleveland?