Updated Oct 10, 2012 - 10:26 pm
Phoenix Suns' Brown, Telfair held out of preseason opener
The Phoenix Suns were without guards Shannon Brown and Sebastian Telfair for the team's loss to the Sacramento Kings in their preseason opener Wednesday.
Brown bumped heads with P.J. Tucker in practice on Tuesday and needed seven stitches above his eye.
Head coach Alvin Gentry said during his pregame interview with Al McCoy that the Suns opted to hold Brown out but implied he would have played if it were the regular season.
"[Brown's] okay. It's just one of those things, but there's no reason to risk him getting hit there again."
Telfair had a minor injury ailment of his own that Gentry felt wasn't worth risking Wednesday.
"[Telfair] has a little bit of a wrist problem so we're going to hold him out, too," Gentry said. "Not anything to be concerned about, just precautionary."
The Suns fell to the Kings 102-96 in Sacramento. They will face off against the Portland Trail Blazers on Friday at 7:00 p.m.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 10A fishy election in North Korea
- Goran Dragic, Suns Guard - Friday March 7Suns guard Goran Dragic joins the Burns and Gambo show
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 7The Suns got a signature win, and seem determined to make the playoffs.
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso