Updated Oct 10, 2012 - 10:26 pm
Phoenix Suns' Brown, Telfair held out of preseason opener
The Phoenix Suns were without guards Shannon Brown and Sebastian Telfair for the team's loss to the Sacramento Kings in their preseason opener Wednesday.
Brown bumped heads with P.J. Tucker in practice on Tuesday and needed seven stitches above his eye.
Head coach Alvin Gentry said during his pregame interview with Al McCoy that the Suns opted to hold Brown out but implied he would have played if it were the regular season.
"[Brown's] okay. It's just one of those things, but there's no reason to risk him getting hit there again."
Telfair had a minor injury ailment of his own that Gentry felt wasn't worth risking Wednesday.
"[Telfair] has a little bit of a wrist problem so we're going to hold him out, too," Gentry said. "Not anything to be concerned about, just precautionary."
The Suns fell to the Kings 102-96 in Sacramento. They will face off against the Portland Trail Blazers on Friday at 7:00 p.m.
- Kobe still winless after Suns beat Lakers 114-108
- Suns Strokes: Offensive outburst hands Phoenix first road win vs. Lakers since 2010
- Film study aiding defensive effort of Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker
- Phoenix Suns enjoy brief break, ready to resume playing
- Suns Strokes: Suns scrape by in win vs. Raptors
- The DISH - December 10, 2013 - Tuesday December 10Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.
- The DISH - December 6, 2013 - Friday December 6Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday December 5The Suns beat the Rockets on Wednesday night.
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame Voice of the Suns - Thursday December 5How did the Suns beat one of the best NBA offenses?
- Ryan McDonough, Suns General Manager - Wednesday December 4Ryan McDonough discusses the Suns' recent losses.