Phoenix Suns' Dudley: 'Gentry trying to form an identity'
There's no question the Phoenix Suns are still trying to define and reinvent themselves in the post-Steve Nash era.
"It starts with [head coach Alvin Gentry]," Jared Dudley told Arizona Sports 620's Doug & Wolf Tuesday. "He's trying to form an identity and what we've been trying to do as players is for us we know we have to play harder than any other team to have a chance."
With so many new faces on the Suns, Dudley stressed the importance of playing team-oriented basketball and forming a workable chemistry.
"We have to play together and that's tough because you got seven to eight brand-new guys and I think 12 out of 13 guys have only been here for a year," Dudley said.
Despite the departure of their franchise guard, the Suns' forward said the team still plans to play a fast-paced offense and aggressive defense.
"Every day in practice we just put a new offense in, which I love, and I think everyone loves it because everyone's moving and it's constant motion," Dudley explained. "I think defensively it's being aggressive, forcing a tempo.
Dudley believes the Suns' ability to protect the basketball will play a pivotal role in the level of success the team will have this season.
"In basketball, the hardest thing to guard is off turnovers and if we can keep our turnovers low, play harder than everybody and rebound the ball, we are going to have a good year."
- Tim Kempton, Suns' Analyst - Wednesday June 19Suns' Analyst Tim Kempton joins Doug and Wolf to talk about the NBA Finals game six and if the Spurs
- Jared Dudley, Suns forward - Tuesday June 18Jared Dudley joins Doug and Wolf to talk NBA Finals.
- Jared Dudley, Suns' Forward - Tuesday June 11JD gives us his player's perspective on the NBA Finals.
- Brian Windhorst, NBA ESPN.com Writer - Friday June 7Brian Windhorst talks about Game 1 of the NBA Finals and what to expect from the rest of the series.
- Suns GM Ryan McDonough - Friday June 7The Suns GM talks about prospects Ben McLemore of Kansas and Victor Oladipo of Indiana.