Updated Nov 2, 2012 - 12:53 pm
Amar'e Stoudemire's Phoenix penthouse back on the market
The six-time All-Star is set to miss the first 6-8 weeks of the NBA season after undergoing surgery to remove tissue in his left knee.
Then Hurricane Sandy wreaked havoc on Stoudemire's car, submerging his Range Rover almost entirely under water.
So, you can understand at this point STAT is looking for any sort of good news he can find. News he hopes will come in the form of a potential buyer.
Despite departing for the Big Apple in July 2010, Stoudemire held on to his luxurious pad in downtown Phoenix for almost another year.
In October 2011, he finally put his high-rise for sale, but his asking price of $1.375 million apparently was a little to high for the housing market.
According to REALTOR.com, Stoudemire has decided to lower the asking price this week by $125,000. Still a pretty penny to purchase the 11-year veteran's apartment, but according to the site it's not too shabby on the inside.
Located in the heart of downtown Phoenix at 24th and Camelback, Stoudemire's luxe apartment enjoys panoramic views of extending from the city skyline to Camelback Mountain. It features a pair of master suites with private entrances and a pair of balconies, as well as a gourmet kitchen with top-tier appliances. Further sweetening the deal are the building amenities exclusive to guests at the Esplanade, which include 24-hour security, valet parking and access to a rooftop pool and lounge area.
Stoudemire previously purchased the near 3,000-square-foot home back in 2006. He paid $1.775 for the property.
- After grueling stretch, Phoenix Suns hope to make up ground in March
- Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker suspended by the NBA
- What do you want to be, Eric Bledsoe?
- Coach Jeff Hornacek: Suns 'need to get out of their comfort zone' after recent losses
- Griffin, Clippers top Suns in testy divisional affair: By the Numbers
- Dave Pasch, voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Wednesday March 12Dave Pasch explains what it is like to work with Bill Walton.
- The DISH - March 12, 2013 - Wednesday March 12Jon Bloom gives us the Day In Suns' History.
- Ryan McDonough, Suns general manager - Tuesday March 11Suns general manager Ryan McDonough discusses the return of Eric Bledsoe.
- Jeff Hornacek, Phoenix Suns Head Coach - Tuesday March 11Do the Suns lack toughness?
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 10A fishy election in North Korea