Updated Nov 2, 2012 - 12:53 pm
Amar'e Stoudemire's Phoenix penthouse back on the market
The six-time All-Star is set to miss the first 6-8 weeks of the NBA season after undergoing surgery to remove tissue in his left knee.
Then Hurricane Sandy wreaked havoc on Stoudemire's car, submerging his Range Rover almost entirely under water.
So, you can understand at this point STAT is looking for any sort of good news he can find. News he hopes will come in the form of a potential buyer.
Despite departing for the Big Apple in July 2010, Stoudemire held on to his luxurious pad in downtown Phoenix for almost another year.
In October 2011, he finally put his high-rise for sale, but his asking price of $1.375 million apparently was a little to high for the housing market.
According to REALTOR.com, Stoudemire has decided to lower the asking price this week by $125,000. Still a pretty penny to purchase the 11-year veteran's apartment, but according to the site it's not too shabby on the inside.
Located in the heart of downtown Phoenix at 24th and Camelback, Stoudemire's luxe apartment enjoys panoramic views of extending from the city skyline to Camelback Mountain. It features a pair of master suites with private entrances and a pair of balconies, as well as a gourmet kitchen with top-tier appliances. Further sweetening the deal are the building amenities exclusive to guests at the Esplanade, which include 24-hour security, valet parking and access to a rooftop pool and lounge area.
Stoudemire previously purchased the near 3,000-square-foot home back in 2006. He paid $1.775 for the property.
- Phoenix Suns' Eric Bledsoe: 'I'm ready to go'
- Suns' Dragic credits new team mindset for success
- Former D-League coach praises work ethic of Suns' Gerald Green
- Suns center Alex Len keeping close tabs on Ukraine, honors country with special message
- Suns Strokes: Green engineers second-half comeback in thrilling win over Thunder
- Goran Dragic, Suns Guard - Friday March 7Suns guard Goran Dragic joins the Burns and Gambo show
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 7The Suns got a signature win, and seem determined to make the playoffs.
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Tim Kempton, Suns Color Analyst - Friday March 7Will LeBron return to Cleveland?