Updated Nov 6, 2012 - 12:29 pm
Suns Strokes: Suns hold off Pistons to notch first win of the season
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you Suns Strokes providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Suns' win against the Detroit Pistons on November 2. Final Score: Suns 92, Pistons 89
The Phoenix Suns held off the Pistons to pull out a 92-89 win to improve to 1-1.
At the half Michael Beasley, Luis Scola, Marcin Gortat and Goran Dragic combined for 43 of the Suns' 54 points on 17-32 shooting.
Phoenix closed the second quarter on a 26-7 run to take a 54-46 lead going into the locker room.
Shannon Brown salvaged an otherwise poor night from the bench with a 5-9 second half with 10 points, he had 14 points on the night.
For the second straight game the Suns fell behind by double digits. It was only 11 points in the second quarter Friday compared to 17 in Wednesday's game against the Warriors.
For just the third time in the 45-year history of the Suns organization, Phoenix opened a season by holding each of its first two opponents to fewer than 90 points.
Phoenix allowed 10 offensive rebounds Friday compared to 17 against the Warriors.
The Suns travel to Orlando to take on the Magic on Sunday at 4:00 p.m.
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday December 12The Suns surprising run to start the season continues.
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame Voice of the Suns - Thursday December 12Al McCoy discuss the Suns big win against the Lakers and what is coming up next for the team.
- Ryan McDonough, Suns General Manager - Wednesday December 11Ryan McDonough talks about the Suns' recent success after beating the Los Angeles Lakers.
- Jeff Hornacek, Suns Head Coach - Tuesday December 10How will they prepare for Kobe Bryant?
- The DISH - December 10, 2013 - Tuesday December 10Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.