Updated Nov 6, 2012 - 12:29 pm
Suns Strokes: Suns hold off Pistons to notch first win of the season
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you Suns Strokes providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Suns' win against the Detroit Pistons on November 2. Final Score: Suns 92, Pistons 89
The Phoenix Suns held off the Pistons to pull out a 92-89 win to improve to 1-1.
At the half Michael Beasley, Luis Scola, Marcin Gortat and Goran Dragic combined for 43 of the Suns' 54 points on 17-32 shooting.
Phoenix closed the second quarter on a 26-7 run to take a 54-46 lead going into the locker room.
Shannon Brown salvaged an otherwise poor night from the bench with a 5-9 second half with 10 points, he had 14 points on the night.
For the second straight game the Suns fell behind by double digits. It was only 11 points in the second quarter Friday compared to 17 in Wednesday's game against the Warriors.
For just the third time in the 45-year history of the Suns organization, Phoenix opened a season by holding each of its first two opponents to fewer than 90 points.
Phoenix allowed 10 offensive rebounds Friday compared to 17 against the Warriors.
The Suns travel to Orlando to take on the Magic on Sunday at 4:00 p.m.
- Phoenix Suns' Eric Bledsoe: 'I'm ready to go'
- Suns' Dragic credits new team mindset for success
- Former D-League coach praises work ethic of Suns' Gerald Green
- Suns center Alex Len keeping close tabs on Ukraine, honors country with special message
- Suns Strokes: Green engineers second-half comeback in thrilling win over Thunder
- Goran Dragic, Suns Guard - Friday March 7Suns guard Goran Dragic joins the Burns and Gambo show
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 7The Suns got a signature win, and seem determined to make the playoffs.
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Tim Kempton, Suns Color Analyst - Friday March 7Will LeBron return to Cleveland?