Updated Nov 6, 2012 - 12:29 pm
Suns Strokes: Suns hold off Pistons to notch first win of the season
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you Suns Strokes providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Suns' win against the Detroit Pistons on November 2. Final Score: Suns 92, Pistons 89
The Phoenix Suns held off the Pistons to pull out a 92-89 win to improve to 1-1.
At the half Michael Beasley, Luis Scola, Marcin Gortat and Goran Dragic combined for 43 of the Suns' 54 points on 17-32 shooting.
Phoenix closed the second quarter on a 26-7 run to take a 54-46 lead going into the locker room.
Shannon Brown salvaged an otherwise poor night from the bench with a 5-9 second half with 10 points, he had 14 points on the night.
For the second straight game the Suns fell behind by double digits. It was only 11 points in the second quarter Friday compared to 17 in Wednesday's game against the Warriors.
For just the third time in the 45-year history of the Suns organization, Phoenix opened a season by holding each of its first two opponents to fewer than 90 points.
Phoenix allowed 10 offensive rebounds Friday compared to 17 against the Warriors.
The Suns travel to Orlando to take on the Magic on Sunday at 4:00 p.m.
- Phoenix Suns' Goran Dragic named NBA's Most Improved Player
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle to enter NBA draft
- Jeff Hornacek: We got it back to Phoenix Suns basketball
- Suns' Jeff Hornacek finishes behind Spurs' Gregg Popovich in Coach of the Year voting
- Phoenix Suns' vocal, emotional leader P.J. Tucker wants to return
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Wednesday April 23Tim Kempton defends his vote for Defensive Player of the Year.
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Tuesday April 22Suns radio analyst Tim Kempton calls in to react to the blast.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 22Bickley blasts on postseason awards and how making it in the playoffs makes a huge difference
- Eddie Johnson, Suns analyst - Monday April 21Suns analyst Eddie Johnson talks about the NBA playoffs.
- Robert Sarver, Suns owner - Friday April 18Robert Sarver talks about possible offseason plans.