Updated Nov 8, 2012 - 8:44 am
Suns Strokes: Gortat, Brown lead Suns past Bobcats
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you Suns Strokes providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Suns' 117-110 win over the Charlotte Bobcats on November 7. Final Score: Suns 117, Bobcats 110
The Suns enjoyed strong performances from Marcin Gortat, Michael Beasley and Shannon Brown en route to an impressive victory Wednesday night.
Gortat had 23 points and 10 rebounds, while Beasley broke out of his offensive slump to contribute 21 points and 15 rebounds in the win.
Brown channeled his inner Reggie Miller, sinking six three-pointers in the fourth quarter, helping to pace the Suns' offense. The former Bobcat finished with 24 points off the bench for Phoenix.
Luis Scola and Jared Dudley's struggles continued Wednesday night. Scola had only nine points and seven rebounds while Dudley scored 10 points and added four rebounds for the Suns.
The Suns' defense also left a lot to be desired. Charlotte scored 110 points, their biggest offensive output since January 14 of last season when they scored 112 in a win over the Golden State Warriors. The Bobcats' 110 points were their season-high and only the eighth time they've topped the century mark since the beginning of the
"We all were screaming like 'don't do it!' And then 'great job, Shannon!' I mean you've gotta keep shooting -- if you're making all those threes, you've gotta keep shooting. If I make a three, trust me, I'm going to launch another one." -- Suns center Marcin Gortat on his team's reaction during Brown's fourth quarter shooting streak.
• The last time the Suns had two 20-point, 10-rebound performances in the same game was on March 22, 2011 when Gortat and Channing Frye accomplished the feat.
• Gortat had a career-high seven blocks against the Bobcats.
• Charlotte's Byron Mullens matched Shannon Brown, adding six three-pointers of his own.
The Suns will host the Cleveland Cavaliers Friday night at 7:00 p.m.
- The DISH - December 6, 2013 - Friday December 6Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday December 5The Suns beat the Rockets on Wednesday night.
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame Voice of the Suns - Thursday December 5How did the Suns beat one of the best NBA offenses?
- Ryan McDonough, Suns General Manager - Wednesday December 4Ryan McDonough discusses the Suns' recent losses.
- The DISH - December 3, 2013 - Tuesday December 3Jon Bloom brings us this day in Suns' history.