Updated Nov 9, 2012 - 12:21 pm
Suns analyst: Offensive rebounding has been phenomenal
With so many new faces, the Suns were able to address a major concern from last season: rebounding.
Phoenix ranked seventh-worst in defensive rebounding percentage last season, grabbing only 71.7 of the shots missed by opponents. The team knew it had to improve on the boards if it was going to compete in the Western Conference.
It appears they may have done just that.
"I think they're rebounding much better as a whole," Suns radio analyst Tim Kempton told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf. "It starts with Marcin Gortat and Luis Scola, watching him talk about it in the preseason, in training camp and in media day that he wanted to become a better rebounder at both ends of the floor."
The Suns grabbed 50 rebounds in Charlotte Wednesday while allowing the Bobcats to snag just 39. Michael Beasley and Gortat led the team with 15 and 10 rebounds each.
"We've seen the offensive rebound; 20 against Charlotte to give them second chance opportunities to extend possessions," said Kempton. "So the offensive rebounding has been phenomenal."
- Phoenix Suns' Eric Bledsoe: 'I'm ready to go'
- Suns' Dragic credits new team mindset for success
- Former D-League coach praises work ethic of Suns' Gerald Green
- Suns center Alex Len keeping close tabs on Ukraine, honors country with special message
- Suns Strokes: Green engineers second-half comeback in thrilling win over Thunder
- Goran Dragic, Suns Guard - Friday March 7Suns guard Goran Dragic joins the Burns and Gambo show
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 7The Suns got a signature win, and seem determined to make the playoffs.
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Tim Kempton, Suns Color Analyst - Friday March 7Will LeBron return to Cleveland?